Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did you plateau on weight loss? page

thehallowprince is offline Senior Member

Question Did you plateau on weight loss?

Primal Fuel
    I'm not really sure if I'm plateau'ed or not... but I almost kinda feel like I am.

If you did plateau... what did you do to end your plateau?
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 222lbs / 25.2%BF | New Goal: 20% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

KestrelSF is offline Senior Member
    I had to do different things for each. And I had several. Basically got more and more strict. First cut out the slice of bread I had each day. Then I cut out most fruits, used to have a banana or apple. For the last 10 pounds, I had to do 36 hour IFs to get any lower.

Kev
    Kev is offline Senior Member
    I stalled for about 3 weeks, I just kept at it and didn't let it stress me and it resolved itself. I am currently doing a month long challenge trying to stay 100% hoping to be at 200lb by the first weekend in June. I have a vacation planed during June and i don't want to be derailed.
    Strive for healthy today.

Satisfaction is the death of desire.

Mac
    Mac is offline Senior Member
    I have been bouncing around 186-187 (down from 220) for the last three weeks and I'd like to probably shed 5-10lbs of blubber, but no big deal....if I look like I do today when I am 60 I'll be super happy I could probably be more active and ditch the wine to help, but I am not prepared to do anything to achieve a certain body that I can't or won't sustain indefinitely - temporary abs don't impress me much.

tangentrider is offline Senior Member
    I've been stalled for a little over three months. Stress is up and sleep is down due to school--can't do much about that--but nutrition has been stricter and strength training is up: still no change. Just went off cow dairy (except butter). Hoping for the best.

Jokaman70 is offline Senior Member
    plateau #1 - reduced carbs to less than 25g/day
    plateau #2 - did away with my Friday cheat meal, still no carbs
    plateau #3 - cut cals by 30% (was eating 4000+ and still losing weight), still no carbs
    plateau #4 - started doing some "cardio" (tennis, sled dragging, etc.), I hadn't done any previously, still no carbs
    plateau #5 (last week) - elimination of cheese from my diet, still no carbs
    I began this Primal journey on December 30th, 2009 and in that time I've lost over 125 LBS.

XulChris is offline Junior Member
    My weight has been *exactly* 176.6 for the past five days in a row. I mean it doesn't even vary by one-tenth of a lb! I think my scale must be broken. :/

Mirrorball is offline Senior Member
    Dr Atkins: It isn't a stall unless your weight hasn't got any lower for at least a month. I would wait at least two months before worrying about how to break the stall. A lot has been written about how you might be losing tons of fat without losing any weight or even any inches (short explanation: your fat cells substitute water for fat to avoid sudden volume changes).
    Height: 5'4" (1.62 m)
    Starting weight (09/2009): 200 lb (90.6 kg)
    No longer overweight (08/2010): 145 lb (65.6 kg)
    Current weight (01/2012): 127 lb (57.5 kg)

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokaman70 View Post
    plateau #1 - reduced carbs to less than 25g/day
    plateau #2 - did away with my Friday cheat meal, still no carbs
    plateau #3 - cut cals by 30% (was eating 4000+ and still losing weight), still no carbs
    plateau #4 - started doing some "cardio" (tennis, sled dragging, etc.), I hadn't done any previously, still no carbs
    plateau #5 (last week) - elimination of cheese from my diet, still no carbs
    How has this worked for you?

tangentrider is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirrorball View Post
    Dr Atkins: It isn't a stall unless your weight hasn't got any lower for at least a month. I would wait at least two months before worrying about how to break the stall. A lot has been written about how you might be losing tons of fat without losing any weight or even any inches (short explanation: your fat cells substitute water for fat to avoid sudden volume changes).
    Excellent point. This is how I knew I was in a stall and needed to do something: I've gone at least three months without weightloss. This week I started a month without cow dairy and am already down over a pound (fat or water? who knows, but I'm down for the first time since January).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast