Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did you plateau on weight loss?

Question Did you plateau on weight loss?

Shop Now
    I'm not really sure if I'm plateau'ed or not... but I almost kinda feel like I am.

If you did plateau... what did you do to end your plateau?
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

I had to do different things for each. And I had several. Basically got more and more strict. First cut out the slice of bread I had each day. Then I cut out most fruits, used to have a banana or apple. For the last 10 pounds, I had to do 36 hour IFs to get any lower.

I stalled for about 3 weeks, I just kept at it and didn't let it stress me and it resolved itself. I am currently doing a month long challenge trying to stay 100% hoping to be at 200lb by the first weekend in June. I have a vacation planed during June and i don't want to be derailed.
    Strive for healthy today.

Satisfaction is the death of desire.

I have been bouncing around 186-187 (down from 220) for the last three weeks and I'd like to probably shed 5-10lbs of blubber, but no big deal....if I look like I do today when I am 60 I'll be super happy I could probably be more active and ditch the wine to help, but I am not prepared to do anything to achieve a certain body that I can't or won't sustain indefinitely - temporary abs don't impress me much.

I've been stalled for a little over three months. Stress is up and sleep is down due to school--can't do much about that--but nutrition has been stricter and strength training is up: still no change. Just went off cow dairy (except butter). Hoping for the best.

plateau #1 - reduced carbs to less than 25g/day
    plateau #2 - did away with my Friday cheat meal, still no carbs
    plateau #3 - cut cals by 30% (was eating 4000+ and still losing weight), still no carbs
    plateau #4 - started doing some "cardio" (tennis, sled dragging, etc.), I hadn't done any previously, still no carbs
    plateau #5 (last week) - elimination of cheese from my diet, still no carbs
    I began this Primal journey on December 30th, 2009 and in that time I've lost over 125 LBS.

My weight has been *exactly* 176.6 for the past five days in a row. I mean it doesn't even vary by one-tenth of a lb! I think my scale must be broken. :/

Dr Atkins: It isn't a stall unless your weight hasn't got any lower for at least a month. I would wait at least two months before worrying about how to break the stall. A lot has been written about how you might be losing tons of fat without losing any weight or even any inches (short explanation: your fat cells substitute water for fat to avoid sudden volume changes).
    Height: 5'4" (1.62 m)
    Starting weight (09/2009): 200 lb (90.6 kg)
    No longer overweight (08/2010): 145 lb (65.6 kg)
    Current weight (01/2012): 127 lb (57.5 kg)

Quote Originally Posted by Jokaman70 View Post
    plateau #1 - reduced carbs to less than 25g/day
    plateau #2 - did away with my Friday cheat meal, still no carbs
    plateau #3 - cut cals by 30% (was eating 4000+ and still losing weight), still no carbs
    plateau #4 - started doing some "cardio" (tennis, sled dragging, etc.), I hadn't done any previously, still no carbs
    plateau #5 (last week) - elimination of cheese from my diet, still no carbs
    How has this worked for you?

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirrorball View Post
    Dr Atkins: It isn't a stall unless your weight hasn't got any lower for at least a month. I would wait at least two months before worrying about how to break the stall. A lot has been written about how you might be losing tons of fat without losing any weight or even any inches (short explanation: your fat cells substitute water for fat to avoid sudden volume changes).
    Excellent point. This is how I knew I was in a stall and needed to do something: I've gone at least three months without weightloss. This week I started a month without cow dairy and am already down over a pound (fat or water? who knows, but I'm down for the first time since January).