Thread: Hello!!! I need help!!! page

nydia817 is offline Junior Member

Hello!!! I need help!!!

Primal Fuel
    Hello:

My name is Nydia, I live in Texas and for quite of time I have been following the paleo diet.... I have stopped all type of carbs and my ingestion has been around 30 to 50 carbs a day. Now, I have a problem. For the last 3 weeks I have notice I have been gaining weight. Specially in my middle section. I have no idea what's the problem. I am eating between 70 and 90 of protein, and about 50 to 70 in fat. I'm not eating any carb. I'm eating veggies, but not as much as I should. I don't know what to do. I feel bloated and really depressed. Am I doing something wrong. I need some advice. Thank you for all the help you guys can give me.

Nydia

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    It sounds like you're hardly eating anything. You need to eat more food.

Well, that's the problem... I'm eating between 900 and 1200... I am really afraid to eat more....

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Tell us more about your fears and what you eat.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    What is your height, weight, goals, reason for eating primal? What actual foods comprise your meals?

Primal eating is a way of life which involves enjoying delicious meals, energising activities and restful sleep. It is not starving or depriving yourself (although there is a certain discipline in choosing not to ingest harmful items such as processed foods, oils, sugar and grains). It usually resolves bloated feelings and helps foster a positive outlook.

You need lots of real food like meat and veges, eggs, fruit, butter and some treats like nuts and chocolate. These nourish the body and promote good health. Issues like overweight will begin to correct themselves as you continue to make wise choices.

I have been overweight all my life and I have tried so many diets. At some point I figured out that carbs were not good for me. I decided to change my style but it has been hard for me to change my mentality of the amount of calories I need to eat. I am always counting calorie. My diet consist in eggs, chicken, shrimp, bacon, broccoli, and other veggies....

I am 5'4" almost 155. I'm 46 years old. I was 148 couple of months ago and it has been going up w/out reason....

I usually eat 3 eggs with bacon for breakfast. I eat broccoli, cauliflower with wings or shrimp for breakfast. I usually don't eat anything for dinner. I have started to have an apple for snack and more veggies and chicken for dinner. I'm not eating any sugar or white carbs. I do drink coffee. I used to work out every day. For a year I stopped and now I'm coming back. I'm walking everyday for 30 to 45 minutes five days a week.

I have been heavy all my life. I have tried every diet under the sun. I feel much better with this diet but right now, my body is not responding to anything. I feel like I'm gaining weight, clothes is not fitting and I'm going crazy.... I really don't know what to do.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Might be a good time for a medical checkup.

ksubeks is offline Junior Member
    I'm no expert as I've only been primal for like a day, but as someone who just came off Medifast, where the usual calorie intake was 800-1000, I think you're not eating enough. Even when I was taking in 900 calories, I was taking in more protein than you are now. Trust me, I understand the fear of overeating and gaining. Just these past two days have been an emotional challenge because I've literally doubled my caloric intake overnight.If you're eating all that you posted and still only taking in 900-1200, you're probably not eating enough of those items. Eat more vegetables and protein and let your body get used to it and reevaluate things after a week. Just my two cents.

Go Tribe is offline Senior Member
    I agree with Annie - see if you don't have a thyroid problem. I have a bad feeling you might have zapped your metabolism to a very low setpoint as a result from undereating - I did that too. Only way back is to eat more so your body adjust to having the nutrition it needs...

Good luck!
    Started 9/15/11 at 323 pounds
    2/16/13 at 241 pounds
    Goal is 223 pounds or less