Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I still have acne! :( page

Traveller is offline Senior Member

I still have acne! :(

Primal Fuel
    Hi everyone,

I've been almost 100% primal for the past week, and before that I didn't eat much wheat because I'm sensitive to gluten. And I still have acne. Really noticeable acne. It's really upsetting, and the worst thing is that I don't know how to fix it. I tried the OCM (oil cleansing method), using only extra virgin olive oil. I know results aren't supposed to happen right away, but I kept at it for a week or two, and there was no improvement.
    I tried using honey, putting it on my face at night, leaving for 10 minutes then rinsing it off. I haven't been doing that for very long, but there's no improvement.

I don't use any soaps or chemicals on my face, and it never feels greasy, or dirty.
    Can someone help? I feel like everyone's staring at my face, and even though they're probably not, it's a horrible feeling.

Ideas, advice, and suggestions all very welcome.

Thanks!

Traveller.

Ally415 is offline Senior Member
    Did you recently stop using any lotions, soap, anything on your face?
    My Health and Nutrition Blog
    @ VIBRANTE
    http://viibrante.wordpress.com/

are you female or male sorry can't tell?
    @ VIBRANTE

Hi Ally,
    no, I don't use anything on my face other then hot water.

Um...do I have to tell my gender? I'd prefer not to, but if it's an important factor, then...

ok well if your female and your taking birth control that may be affecting you.
    When I went off of it I broke out, but after like half a year or so and stopping soap and lotions on my face I noticed a big difference with my skin.

Check for food allergies? chemicals being sprayed in the house?

ittt ttaakkkesss tiimmmee.

Stressed?
    sleep?
    get enough sunshine too.
    @ VIBRANTE

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Sympathies traveller! I've been Primal for a year now and I am still struggling with acne. I'm in my 30's and had much better skin as a teenager. I'm getting more and more frustrated reading about how if you go primal and look after your diet your skin will clear up and be fantastic - which hasn't happened for me. I also watched 'Hungry for Change' last night and got all depressed about how my skin should be looking brilliant.

The absolute best results I've had are from using that horrible Proactiv crap. In an attempt to try something more natural I decided to give oil cleansing a go and did this from Christmas until about three weeks ago. I was still getting breakouts and my mother advised me to try just using normal shower gel (she was advised this by her dermatologist). I use natural based shower gel so gave that a go for about 10 days only to have the most terrible break out ever. Now I'm trying this:http://www.crunchybetty.com/honey-challenge, and I'm 4 days in, but managed two new breakouts over the weekend. I'll keep going and reasses after the two weeks though.

So in summary, sorry I don't know what the answer is, I'm trying everything and still breaking out. Maybe I'll start juicing next?

JennGlob is offline Senior Member
    Assuming you are female, I have only been able to control acne with birth control. I really wanted to live drug free, but the acne was awful...the kind children would say "Jared's mommy, what's wrong with your face?" I am going to die with the Mirena IUD and refuse to feel bad about it.
    Primal since 4/7/2012

Starting weight 140
    Current weigh 126

www.jenniferglobensky.blogspot.com

Jennifer

No, I'm not taking birth control!

Lizzielou, that's the same thing I'm doing! From the same website too! This is my third day, and no improvements yet. Perhaps I should try pure manuka honey.

TornadoGirl is offline Senior Member
    If you are female, it might be a problem of low progesterone; I have had this type of acne and it responds amazingly well to natural progesterone cream applied on a thin-skinned part of your body in a measured dose. I would start, though, with zinc which is a precursor to progesterone. It helps me tremendously. I notice a difference in a few days after taking zine supplements (up to 50 mg I think is fine). Of course, sugar (i.e., too many carbs) is a big problem. Are you sensitive to dairy? The best skin I have ever had was a product of an almost paleo regimen. I could tell a huge difference when I added dairy back in on the third phase of the Fat Flush diet. Of course, you also add other carbs during that phase, as well. Probiotics would be another good step if you haven't tried that already.

One thing a lot of people don't get is that skin almost always gets worse before it gets better. It's like whatever is in there has to come out and it comes out as break-outs and rashes. I have found a lot of help with the Skintervention Guide by Liz Wolfe. Her book is what convinced me to go primal again and I'm really grateful to her for that.
    True healthcare reform starts in your kitchen, not in Washington. ~Anonymous
    The worst carrot is better than the best candybar.--TornadoGirl

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    You need to give a new regime at least 4 to 6 weeks to see noticeable improvements.

Age and gender DO make a difference. Is it facial acne? Body acne? How long have you had it?

I had a bad bout of acne in my mid 20s. This was after the normal teen acne went away and I had been acne free for years. For over 2 years, nothing I tried in the way of diet, lifestyle, cleansing, OTC or prescription topical treatments made a difference. Finally it took a 4 month course of antibiotics to clear up a deeply rooted bacterial infection.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast