Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I still have acne! :( page 2

richard is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    google "estrogen dominance".

There are xeno estrogens in laundry detergent, shampoo and cosmetics. Laundry detergent and shampoo go into your bloodstream. Even "natural" products have these in them. And of course birth control ain't so good -- they contain artificial drug company patented hormones.

If you eliminate xenoestrogens in your skin and your diet that might help a lot. And look at Progesterelle which is progesterone USP in oil, nothing else, and you can try it out. Together these have eliminated acne and a lot of other problems for women and men.

Traveller is offline Senior Member
    I don't know if I'm sensitive to dairy, but just in case I stopped eating it about a week ago. No milk, cheese etc.
    I forgot to mention that I'm taking two zinc pills a day.
    And it's facial acne, by the way.

TornadoGirl, what are probiotics? What foods contain them?

Also: I use baking soda and vinegar as a shampoo and conditioner, and I don't wear make-up.

TornadoGirl is offline Senior Member
    Probiotics are sources of good bacteria that we need to populate our gut. You can buy them in pills or use food sources like yogurt, kefir, sauerkraut, etc.
    True healthcare reform starts in your kitchen, not in Washington. ~Anonymous
    The worst carrot is better than the best candybar.--TornadoGirl

Traveller is offline Senior Member
    Thanks TornadoGirl.

Um...could someone tell me what smxdfxltoh is doing?

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
    Thanks TornadoGirl.

Um...could someone tell me what smxdfxltoh is doing?
    spamming.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    Clean diet for an extensive period + washing my face with coconut oil and baking soda cleared up my adult acne. I still get an occasional spot or two around my time of the month but otherwise it's been smooth sailing.

Also worth asking: do you wear a lot of face makeup? The more you wear, the worse it is. I don't wear any but mascara, blush, and lipppy stuff nowadays.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Do you take any supplements other than zinc? I started supplementing with vitamin C and fermented cod liver oil and have seen a drastic improvement in my acne ever since. I still break out but much less than I used to. I don't know if they are both helping or just one or the other since I began taking them at the same time, but I'm not going to experiment to find out...

Also, anything you do will probably take more than a week to see real results.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    What everyone else has said. Hey traveller, don't expect overnight results. Primal isn't a miracle crash diet or miracle change of all things human. Just give it all some time.

Also, try using some oils to wash with. I switched over to the oil cleansing method and my skin is becoming perfect. No acne, and my dry skin patches are almost gone, along with my constant redness in the cheeks. I use only olive oil as I have overly dry skin. If you have oily skin use castor oil and olive oil.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra in BC View Post
    You need to give a new regime at least 4 to 6 weeks to see noticeable improvements.

Age and gender DO make a difference. Is it facial acne? Body acne? How long have you had it?
    +1

One week is not long enough to expect to see any kind of results when it comes to acne.

Years ago, I stopped eating dairy. About 1.5-2 months later, my acne slowly vanished. When I reintroduced dairy, the acne gradually came back (as in weeks later) and again took weeks-months to disappear after I stopped eating dairy again. If your acne is diet related, it really does take quite a while for skin to improve.

Another possibility is that acne could be hormonally related, as others have mentioned. When I started supplementing with DHEA, I suddenly got acne on my shoulders/back, which I'd never had before in my life. I cut out the DHEA, and it's taken almost 6 months to disappear. While your issue may not be due to hormonal supplementation, it can just as easily result from a hormonal imbalance, which is why some women get acne relief from birth control. If you want more info on this, you can search 'androgens and acne'.

I've never found any topical regimine to be effective in eliminating acne. However, I have found that cold-pressed castor oil, applied topically at nighttime, really makes a noticeable difference in helping red spots to disappear faster.

Ally415 is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I've heard of spirulina helping with acne
    My Health and Nutrition Blog
    @ VIBRANTE
    http://viibrante.wordpress.com/

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast