Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Non organic... page

lmoya83 is offline Senior Member

Non organic...

Shop Now
    Have a question has anybody had success with non organic for or grass fed beef? I have a lot of trouble finding grass fed beef and I have searched it online but man it's expressive...

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I eat regular beef. I'm still here. When I win the lottery, I'll source better beef.

lmoya83 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I eat regular beef. I'm still here. When I win the lottery, I'll source better beef.
    Amen to that!!!

2ndChance is offline Senior Member
    It's better to eat 1 lb. of quality meat than 3 lbs. of crappy meat, if you ask me. You can make up the calories with organic veggies/eggs/nuts/etc. *holds up flame shield*

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndChance View Post
    It's better to eat 1 lb. of quality meat than 3 lbs. of crappy meat, if you ask me. You can make up the calories with organic veggies. *holds up flame shield*
    Telling people they should reduce their protein intake to a third and only buy food they can't afford is absurd. Organic vegetables easily cost twice as much around here. "Eat less food" is just a big fail.

Telling people they should reduce their protein intake to a third and only buy food they can't afford is absurd.
    A person who isn't very active doesn't need much protein (and can get it from other sources, nuts, veggies, it adds up). You could afford quality meat if you didn't buy so much meat. Factory-farmed cows barely get to move their entire lives, you really think your body needs the "protein" from their non-formed muscle?

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Haven't had a stitch of grass-fed anything in my life, 44.5 years old....

A person who isn't very active doesn't need much protein. You could afford quality meat if you didn't buy so much meat. Factory-farmed cows barely get to move their entire lives, you really think your body needs the "protein" from their non-formed muscle?
    A sedentary person needs almost as much protein as one who is active, not only 1/3 as much.

Yep, no way am I going to get enough protein on 1/3 the meat and 1/2 the vegetables I normally eat.

And what makes you think I am not very active?

A sedentary person needs almost as much protein as one who is active, not only 1/3 as much.

Yep, no way am I going to get enough protein on 1/3 the meat and 1/2 the vegetables I normally eat.

And what makes you think I am not very active?
    I didn't say you weren't. I said people who aren't don't need to eat as much protein. You're also acting like meat is the only source of protein which is completely untrue.

lemontwisst is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    A person who isn't very active doesn't need much protein (and can get it from other sources, nuts, veggies, it adds up). You could afford quality meat if you didn't buy so much meat. Factory-farmed cows barely get to move their entire lives, you really think your body needs the "protein" from their non-formed muscle?
    I think it's up to each and every person here to decide how much protein his or her body needs, active or otherwise. What works for you, and what your moral and ethical standards are, have no bearing on the OP and his/her needs.

lmoya - buy the best meat you can afford, and don't stress about it. If the higher omega-6 content concerns you, others on the forum have suggested buying leaner cuts and adding back better fats when cooking, like coconut oil. Stressing out about what you're eating in an effort to be doing the right thing is worse off for you than whatever effects the food itself might have.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast