Thread: Gordon Ramsays Creamy Meatballs in a Fragrant Coconut Milk Sauce page

NicoleP is offline Senior Member

Gordon Ramsays Creamy Meatballs in a Fragrant Coconut Milk Sauce

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You guys have to try these. They are pretty easy to make and are very filling. I saw him make this on his Ultimate Cookery Course on TV and decided to try it. I had to go back and forth to the TV because I could not find the recipe online at the time. He really didn't use exact measurements in the program, but I found this here instead.

Alicia's Kitchen Antics: Creamy Meatballs in a Fragrant Coconut Milk Sauce

I have made these twice and cannot even describe how good they are. The lime at the end really sets it off and the broth is better than the meatballs (probably because I didn't make them the way he did). I didn't use the milk or bread crumbs for the meatballs but I did everything else like it is written in this recipe. Instead I used one egg, good quality parmesan cheese and a few crushed pork rinds (not too many or the meatballs get a funky taste). The meatballs stuck together just fine. Both times I used organic beef from Costco, but will try a beef and pork mixture next time. Many of us have our own recipe for meatballs and it works that way too. I liked the onions, garlic and chili flakes added in though so that is how I will make them from now on. The first time I made this dish I used coriander seeds and it was very seedy so the second time I just used ground coriander. Much better.

I really wish I could find the video as it makes it so much easier. He used regular onions in the video but this recipe calls for red onions. I added the spices to the pan a minute before adding the broth so they didn't burn. If there is too much grease from the meatballs take a little out before adding the spices.

I don't normally post that many recipes on here, but these are so good I had to share.

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    Thanks . Will give it a go this week. I use a lot of Ramsay recipes, modified, just works for me.
    Starting Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, goal weight in November 2012.
    Now 95lbs and holding.
    Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.