Thread: fat burning exercises bodyweight vs weighted exercise page

rabbidchicken69 is offline Senior Member

fat burning exercises bodyweight vs weighted exercise

Shop Now
    I have a question not sure it has much relevance relating to PB but on some other sites i have read that bodyweight exercises burn more fat than weighted exercises. I was wondering how much truth there was to those statements my workout routines i normally switch between weighted and bodyweight throughout the week and i get plenty of steady movement at my job constantly walking where i work. I know there is so much information/mis-information out there it's hard to tell sometimes what is science fact and science fiction. anyways just wondered if anybody on here had any useful input on the matter, i wouldn't think it would make much of a difference.

GrockinOut is offline Senior Member
    I think it depends on what kind of bodyweight exercises you do. A lot of bodyweight routines are extremely fast paced, and really get your blood pumping. So it is kind of like mixing weight training with some cardo? I think what is important is that you are doing some kind of exercise. Some days all i do are bodyweight exercises. For example on chest days I might just do a ton of different kinds of push-ups, and inverted rows yadda yadda yadda. I just like mixing it up, you know keep the body guessing. I dont think this was much help huh?

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    There is no such thing as a fat-burning exercise. You're either burning fat already or you aren't. Your body will always use up its glycogen stores before switching to ketone bodies for fuel. So if you keep your carbs low, and especially if you fast before exercise, you will be burning fat most of the time.

Vick is offline Senior Member
    If you are referring to exercises to improve fat loss then I suggest you watch these 2 short videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzA-E8zb-Ds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToGt_GYCUmY