Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you all do on dairy? page

0Angel0 is offline Senior Member

How do you all do on dairy?

Primal Fuel
    I finished my first Whole30 a few days ago and last night I started reintroducing dairy. I had 1.5 cups of raw milk and 2T raw cream (OMG good!) but later I noticed some typical lactose intolerance symptoms esp nausea. It could have been from a crazy week, busy day, and poor sleep the night before though. Prior to the whole 30 I've never noticed any issues with dairy although I haven't had plain ol milk in ages.

I started with milk as it's been forever since I've had any and I wanted to see how I'd do. Milk I can take or leave but the raw cream was freakin amazing! I'm going to give the milk a few more tries just to see if I tolerate it well or not then move onto the types I'd include semi-regularly like yogurt and cheese. I think I'll stick to mostly raw from now on if all goes well since luckily here in So Cal it's pretty easy to get and far superior to pasturized, obviously.

I'm curious as to how well others do on dairy, how often you have it, and what kind?

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Fantastic thanks for asking
    nihil

Zach is offline Banned
    Awesome!

You probably gave yourself an intolerance by doing the whole 30. Get some dairy in daily and you will be fine.

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    I just ate a whole block of raw-milk cheese and drank a half pint of heavy whipping cream, if that tells you anything.

2ndChance is offline Senior Member
    It sounds like you're planning to ignore your body and re-introduce dairy anyway because you like the taste... dairy is one of the hardest things to quit, but IMO you'll be better off for it. I should say, *I* felt worlds better when I finally walked away from my yogurt addiction. Dairy is extremely insulinogenic, cow's milk is 80:20 casein to whey whereas human milk is 40:60 so make of that what you will... it stimulated my appetite, always led to overeating, mucous, bloating/other digestive issues. You're better off without the stuff. It isn't that hard to quit.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndChance View Post
    It sounds like you're planning to ignore your body and re-introduce dairy anyway because you like the taste... dairy is one of the hardest things to quit, but IMO you'll be better off for it. I should say, *I* felt worlds better when I finally walked away from my yogurt addiction. Dairy is extremely insulinogenic, cow's milk is 80:20 casein to whey whereas human milk is 40:60 so make of that what you will... it stimulated my appetite, always led to overeating, mucous, bloating/other digestive issues. You're better off without the stuff. It isn't that hard to quit.
    Is one of the side effects of veganism cognitive dissonance?
    nihil

Terry H is offline Senior Member
    You probably gave yourself an intolerance

Hahahaha! Classic!

0Angel0 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndChance View Post
    It sounds like you're planning to ignore your body and re-introduce dairy anyway because you like the taste... dairy is one of the hardest things to quit, but IMO you'll be better off for it. I should say, *I* felt worlds better when I finally walked away from my yogurt addiction. Dairy is extremely insulinogenic, cow's milk is 80:20 casein to whey whereas human milk is 40:60 so make of that what you will... You're better off without the stuff. It isn't that hard to quit.
    Yeah, I like the taste of dairy. I like the taste of donuts too. I know they're terrible for my body though so I'm not going to eat them. Thanks for the lecture but if you actually read my post you'd have known that I'm trying to figure out my tolerance for it. How much, if at all, and what kinds. That's what a reintroduction after a Whole30 is for. It doesn't mean I'm going belly flop into a pool of milk everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry H View Post
    You probably gave yourself an intolerance

Hahahaha! Classic!
    It happens. I was intolerant of dairy after overloading my system with toxic PUFA and stress. After consuming it with easy to digest sugars like honey and maple syrup for about a week, I was able to drink straight milk again and had no problems.
    nihil

Terry H is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by 0Angel0 View Post
    Yeah, I like the taste of dairy. I like the taste of donuts too. I know they're terrible for my body though so I'm not going to eat them. Thanks for the lecture but if you actually read my post you'd have known that I'm trying to figure out my tolerance for it. How much, if at all, and what kinds. That's what a reintroduction after a Whole30 is for. It doesn't mean I'm going belly flop into a pool of milk everyday.
    I think it is great that you are so methodical about it. Good luck with that. It cd. be useful to others as well.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast