Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: How do you all do on dairy? page 6

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    maybe try frozen berries in the yogurt? they seep liquid so that would naturally sweeten the yogurt.

it was funny, i'm not a chocolate lover, but that little sprinkle of cocoa in the yogurt made it seem a whole different food, and with the berries just amazingly good.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Sandman is offline Member
    I don't drink milk, but have full-fat yogurt and occasional cheese. When I have gone weeks without those, I find myself grabbing too many "cheat foods." When I go back to yogurt and cheese, I feel like I get enough fat to keep me satisfied and eat better, losing weight in the process. No GI trouble - guess I'm fortunate.
    My blog: Regular Guy Paleo and please feel free to "like" my Facebook page.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Badkty22 View Post
    and spreading my "double-fiber"(!) bread with some weird non-dairy buttery spread...yeah, it wasn't a dairy allergy. Thank goodness, because I do enjoy dairy,

>>snip>>
    gaaaaaah. for the longest time i thought i had some sort of intolerance and even went so far as eat soy cheese!!!!

then i gave up grains et voila! no more "dairy" issues.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Salixisme is offline Member
    Well seeing as I have a fairly serious casein allergy (I get hives, digestive issues and breathing issues - more along the asthma type of reaction than a full on anaphalaxis type one though) so I obviously do REALLY badly with dairy.

As a result I avoid it totally. The kids and Hubby eat it, I am just careful to avoid cross-contamination.
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Dr. Seuss

Rocco Hill is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Hill View Post
    I used to drink milk by the gallon - no longer.

Now I have a moderate amount of greek yoghurt. If I have too much I notice my sinuses feel weird.
    I'd like to revise this. The sinuse stuff I believe is linked to the lactic acid in Greek Yoghurt. Now I drink 4 pints of whole milk a day and have no such issues with Dairy. Cheese too.

lark42 is offline Senior Member
    "soy cheese" is there anyone who actually buys that stuff a second time?!:what:

I stopped drinking milk about 4 years ago in an effort to help serious sinus problems and haven't re-introduced now I'm grain-free. Doubt I will - I eat butter, but have never liked sour cream, whipped cream, and yogurt, just the sight of it, makes me gag. Can't tolerate ice cream, but I'm suspecting that's more the quality of the ice cream than intolerance.

Ironic - we used to dairy farm ....

Lark

Sent from my SGH-I717D using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    "Unfortunately, humans rely less on instincts and more on culture to determine what they eat" - Marcia Pelchat

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I don't drink milk, but have full-fat yogurt and occasional cheese. When I have gone weeks without those, I find myself grabbing too many "cheat foods." When I go back to yogurt and cheese, I feel like I get enough fat to keep me satisfied and eat better, losing weight in the process. No GI trouble - guess I'm fortunate.
    wow. I just realized that I do the same thing. Cheese is awesome.

Dairy has never caused me any issues that I know of..
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Salixisme View Post
    Well seeing as I have a fairly serious casein allergy (I get hives, digestive issues and breathing issues - more along the asthma type of reaction than a full on anaphalaxis type one though) so I obviously do REALLY badly with dairy.

As a result I avoid it totally. The kids and Hubby eat it, I am just careful to avoid cross-contamination.
    I think most people don't know the difference between a casein allergy and a lactose intolerance, and lump all 'dairy issues' in the same pile. I know people with one or the other and their symptoms are very different.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

lea
    lea is offline Senior Member
    My grandmother always put out slices of cheese for snacks. If I eat breakfast, it's usually cheese. Cheese is not something I would give up unless I had a really compelling reason.

My stomach doesn't love it when I drink a lot of milk or eat a lot of yogurt, but I have no issues with a little bit of yogurt or cooking with milk.

Cream and butter I use in small doses.

loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Cheese is too easily a food of abuse for me and (perhaps because) it makes my blood sugar quite crazed, but I lurv it, I lurv it so.
    “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast