Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you all do on dairy? page 4

2ndChance is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    So how do feel when you eat a banana and know that entire countries have been wiped clean to plant banana plantations. If you really cared about animals you would raise, gather and kill all your own food.
    I do what I can. I don't eat that many bananas, when I do I buy fair trade organic ones from a local health food store. I would gladly grow my own food but I live in an apartment in a city. It's not like I think I'm perfect.

(If you asked me, for example, how do I feel about my Mexico-grown avocados or how many paper towels I use, I would say, guilty. But one step at a time...)
    Last edited by 2ndChance; 03-24-2013 at 02:39 PM.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    We all do must do our part. I admire you for having empathy and sticking to your ideals. That alone puts you above most people. Everything we do comes at a cost though. When you lose sight of that, like most people have, through selfish self-preservation, that's where the problem lies.

In the end though, consuming fruit, or dairy, etc; it's all the same. Humans just need a lesson in humility, even if we're the top of the food chain.
    nihil

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndChance View Post
    I do what I can. I don't eat that many bananas, when I do I buy fair trade organic ones from a local health food store. I would gladly grow my own food but I live in an apartment in a city. It's not like I think I'm perfect.
    Im just saying that i could make an argument for anything you eat as being harmful for animals. The only way you could not hurt animals by your dietary decisions is to be dead. Drinking milk, eating meat, eating fruit, its all the same. Thinking differently is just naive. Its all about creating as little impact on the planet and making the best choices you can. Not eating meat does not solve anything.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndChance View Post
    If I lived on a dairy farm in 10,000 B.C. Turkey, I would probably eat dairy products, too. But the imprint of man is so far spread... all the fish we eat is swimming in our Prozac shits (Anti-anxiety drugs leaked into rivers make fish antisocial - CBS News)... I wouldn't want to be milked, and I feel like if I eat dairy, I'm acting like other creatures don't deserve the same respect I ask for. I believe in karma... I'm not really here to convince anyone, just to spread knowledge, to spark conversation, get people questioning what they've always been taught.
    I was a vegan.

Karma is a complex issue.

Look, i don't want to be mean because I respect your choice... but the thing is - you're preaching. You're trying not to, but you are. Not that you're the only one doing it - there are plenty of preachers around here. But they're preaching the gospel of paleo

If you want to challenge paleo: whether that's through veganism or sugar, FINE! Just be forward about it. You'll be called a troll, but I think that's better than a preacher.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    We all do must do our part. I admire you for having empathy and sticking to your ideals. That alone puts you above most people. Everything we do comes at a cost though. When you lose sight of that, like most people have, through selfish self-preservation, that's where the problem lies.

In the end though, consuming fruit, or dairy, etc; it's all the same. Humans just need a lesson in humility, even if we're the top of the food chain.
    Lol derp, get out of my head!

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Lol derp, get out of my head!
    Great minds think alike
    nihil

2ndChance is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I was a vegan.

Karma is a complex issue.

Look, i don't want to be mean because I respect your choice... but the thing is - you're preaching. You're trying not to, but you are. Not that you're the only one doing it - there are plenty of preachers around here. But they're preaching the gospel of paleo

If you want to challenge paleo: whether that's through veganism or sugar, FINE! Just be forward about it. You'll be called a troll, but I think that's better than a preacher.
    Well, you're preaching to me about preaching, so... *shrug*

I'm not really challenging paleo. Read my posts. I encourage people to only eat quality meat/eggs, buy organic...

WeldingHank is online now Senior Member
    No digestive issues.but it gives me terrible acne. So I abstain.

0Angel0 is offline Senior Member
    So I think milk, raw or not, is out for good. I had another glass last night and the same digestive issues. I had 1/2 C of homemade yogurt a few hours later, just made from regular organic whole milk, and it totally calmed my stomach. Go figure! I'm going to try raw cheese over the next few days to see how I do with that. So far I think I'm good with yogurt and cream. Yay!

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am exactly the same way - milk is a no, fermented dairy is fine. When I was a kid, grandma always soured the huge 3L jars of the raw milk into prostokuasha for me (basically when it splits into curds and whey with no added bacteria like kefir; she did throw a sour-dough bread rind (is that the right word?) in to speed up the fermentation), because drinking it raw caused me to almost throw up.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast