Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you all do on dairy? page 3

2ndChance is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    You really have no idea what your talking about. Travel over to the Maasai and tell them that dairy is poison. Bottom line that maybe for you, dairy doesnt work well. That means jack shit for someone else. No amount of vegan propaganda will make it true.

Honestly im probably one of the only people on here that wont say that veganism is neccessarily harmful, the lies they they love to spread in the name of "saving the animals" is really harmful though.

I could easily make a very good case against the consumption of all vegetables and also the disastrous impact on this planet by plant products such as bananas, wheat, soy, and corn among others that are the base diet of vegans. So lets not go around condemning entire food groups based on personal opinions.
    The fact that you consider milk from cows a food group is a product of very successful dairy industry brainwashing.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    What an odd direction this discussion has taken.

I'm okay with everything but fresh milk. I don't buy that, and if a recipe calls for it, I just substitute water.

0Angel0 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndChance View Post
    Hey, whatever works for you. I was just pointing out that it sounds like your goals are different than your body's goals (which seem to be to get you to stop putting cow's milk in it). But listen, it's your life, do what you want.

OMG seriously! Dairy comes in many different forms. Maybe milk doesn't agree with me but cream or cheese is fine. Maybe none of it does. I still haven't figured that out after a single day of reintroduction but I'm glad you've figured it out for me. Being repeatedly lectured to on matters of health by a vegan, someone eating the most unnatural diet possible, is annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by 0Angel0 View Post
    OMG seriously! Dairy comes in many different forms. Maybe milk doesn't agree with me but cream or cheese is fine. Maybe none of it does. I still haven't figured that out after a single day of reintroduction but I'm glad you've figured it out for me. Being repeatedly lectured to on matters of health by a vegan, someone eating the most unnatural diet possible, is annoying.
    I was a non-dairy-eating omnivore up until January.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19135520

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    The fact that you consider milk from cows a food group is a product of very successful dairy industry brainwashing.
    "...around 10,000 B.C., this began to change. A genetic mutation appeared, somewhere near modern-day Turkey, that jammed the lactase-production gene permanently in the “on” position. The original mutant was probably a male who passed the gene on to his children. People carrying the mutation could drink milk their entire lives. Genomic analyses have shown that within a few thousand years, at a rate that evolutionary biologists had thought impossibly rapid, this mutation spread throughout Eurasia, to Great Britain, Scandinavia, the Mediterranean, India and all points in between, stopping only at the Himalayas. Independently, other mutations for lactose tolerance arose in Africa and the Middle East, though not in the Americas, Australia, or the Far East. In an evolutionary eye-blink, 80 percent of Europeans became milk-drinkers; in some populations, the proportion is close to 100 percent."

all mammals are closely related, as all living things are. evolutionary biology is just guesswork. casein is anti-inflammatory, so there goes that whole argument. milk is a novel source of nutrients, so it's perfectly fit for human consumption.

for a vegan, you sure aren't very in tune with the planet.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    "...around 10,000 B.C., this began to change. A genetic mutation appeared, somewhere near modern-day Turkey, that jammed the lactase-production gene permanently in the “on” position. The original mutant was probably a male who passed the gene on to his children. People carrying the mutation could drink milk their entire lives. Genomic analyses have shown that within a few thousand years, at a rate that evolutionary biologists had thought impossibly rapid, this mutation spread throughout Eurasia, to Great Britain, Scandinavia, the Mediterranean, India and all points in between, stopping only at the Himalayas. Independently, other mutations for lactose tolerance arose in Africa and the Middle East, though not in the Americas, Australia, or the Far East. In an evolutionary eye-blink, 80 percent of Europeans became milk-drinkers; in some populations, the proportion is close to 100 percent."

all mammals are closely related, as all living things are. evolutionary biology is just guesswork. casein is anti-inflammatory, so there goes that whole argument. milk is a novel source of nutrients, so it's perfectly fit for human consumption.

for a vegan, you sure aren't very in tune with the planet.
    It seems to me like people who drink a lot of milk eventually develop ways to deal with it. *shrug* In the end we can all find evidence to justify whatever we want. If you're going to consume dairy, at least make sure it's grass-fed.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    It seems to me like people who drink a lot of milk eventually develop ways to deal with it. *shrug* In the end we can all find evidence to justify whatever we want. If you're going to consume dairy, at least make sure it's grass-fed.
    I do, because I care about the treatment of animals. I absolutely adore cows, and I think the fact that people treat them as food bags is disgusting. However, I see no harm in eating their products if the animal is raised with love. I don't even really eat meat because I don't ever find myself craving it.

Circle of life and whatnot. We're all biodegradable anyway. Somewhere along the way humans became conceited, plagues on the planet -- stripping it of life, then moving on to the next area to destroy.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Zach is offline Banned
    Lol, when was the dairy industry formed and how long have we been drinking and eating dairy? If populations much healthier then youself have been eating something for generations, that should be enough to do some logical thinking and not just spout off some vegan bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I do, because I care about the treatment of animals. I absolutely adore cows, and I think the fact that people treat them as food bags is disgusting. However, I see no harm in eating their products if the animal is raised with love. I don't even really eat meat because I don't ever find myself craving it.

Circle of life and whatnot. We're all biodegradable anyway. Somewhere along the way humans became conceited, plagues on the planet -- stripping it of life, then moving on to the next area to destroy.
    If I lived on a dairy farm in 10,000 B.C. Turkey, I would probably eat dairy products, too. But the imprint of man is so far spread... all the fish we eat is swimming in our Prozac shits (Anti-anxiety drugs leaked into rivers make fish antisocial - CBS News)... I wouldn't want to be milked, and I feel like if I eat dairy, I'm acting like other creatures don't deserve the same respect I ask for. I believe in karma... I'm not really here to convince anyone, just to spread knowledge, to spark conversation, get people questioning what they've always been taught.

Zach is offline Banned
    If I lived on a dairy farm in 10,000 B.C. Turkey, I would probably eat dairy products, too. But the imprint of man is so far spread... all the fish we eat is swimming in our Prozac shits (Anti-anxiety drugs leaked into rivers make fish antisocial - CBS News)... I wouldn't want to be milked, and I feel like if I eat dairy, I'm acting like other creatures don't deserve the same respect I ask for. I believe in karma... I'm not really here to convince anyone, just to spread knowledge, to spark conversation, get people questioning what they've always been taught.
    So how do feel when you eat a banana and know that entire countries have been wiped clean to plant banana plantations. If you really cared about animals you would raise, gather and kill all your own food.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast