Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you all do on dairy? page 2

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by 0Angel0 View Post
    I finished my first Whole30 a few days ago and last night I started reintroducing dairy. I had 1.5 cups of raw milk and 2T raw cream (OMG good!) but later I noticed some typical lactose intolerance symptoms esp nausea. It could have been from a crazy week, busy day, and poor sleep the night before though. Prior to the whole 30 I've never noticed any issues with dairy although I haven't had plain ol milk in ages.

I started with milk as it's been forever since I've had any and I wanted to see how I'd do. Milk I can take or leave but the raw cream was freakin amazing! I'm going to give the milk a few more tries just to see if I tolerate it well or not then move onto the types I'd include semi-regularly like yogurt and cheese. I think I'll stick to mostly raw from now on if all goes well since luckily here in So Cal it's pretty easy to get and far superior to pasturized, obviously.

I'm curious as to how well others do on dairy, how often you have it, and what kind?
    Hey 0Angel0,

I made a post asking the same thing quite recently, and it got great mileage: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread78683.html
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    I do fine on dairy, although I can't stand milk. I limit my dairy to yogurt and half and half for my coffee.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

0Angel0 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks, Yogabare! I'll check out that thread!

2ndChance is offline Senior Member
    Derpamix, cigarettes are hard to quit, too. Does that mean they're good for you?

I just meant, I can't see why anyone would want to condition their body to accept dairy again when in its most detoxed state it rejects dairy products. It's common knowledge that donuts are bad but we've been inundated with dairy industry bullshit our whole lives to prevent us from seeing milk for what it is, a foreign substance designed for consumption by another species.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndChance View Post
    Derpamix, cigarettes are hard to quit, too. Does that mean they're good for you?

I just meant, I can't see why anyone would want to condition their body to accept dairy again when in its most detoxed state it rejects dairy products. It's common knowledge that donuts are bad but we've been inundated with dairy industry bullshit our whole lives to prevent us from seeing milk for what it is, a foreign substance designed for consumption by another species.
    2nd chance, I have to say - i totally support you being vegan, but why masquerade as giving advice? Just be a troll like the rest of us
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Derpamix is offline Senior Member

Cigarettes are only hard to quit if you have high levels of serotonin(theory). The dopamine increase they give can be addictive, as well as the mental clarity.

I smoke cigarettes btw. On and off for a bit, I can stop on a switch if I wanted to.
    nihil

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    2nd chance, I have to say - i totally support you being vegan, but why masquerade as giving advice? Just be a troll like the rest of us
    Dude, no one should eat dairy. Even Mark himself calls it "primal gray area"--people eat it cause they can't give it up, but no one who doesn't eat it would be advised to start. The OP obviously has willpower. If she completed a whole 30 she can find less questionable alternatives to dairy.

You don't see me going around telling everyone to go vegan. I tell them to listen to their bodies, to forget about stupid things like numbers on a scale, to love themselves the way they are, and to avoid caramel cupcakes. Not trolling, thanks. Just trying to do some good.
    Last edited by 2ndChance; 03-24-2013 at 02:31 PM.

0Angel0 is offline Senior Member
    Dude, no one should eat dairy. Even Mark himself calls it "primal gray area"--people eat it cause they can't give it up, but no one who doesn't eat it would be advised to start. The OP obviously has willpower. If she completed a whole 30 she can find less questionable alternatives to dairy.
    You're missing the point. Reintroducing foods after a Whole30 is about figuring out your tolerance to them. It may or may not mean you can add them back in regularly. Regularly being completely subjective depending on the individual. I know dairy is a Primal grey area. I know it's not a necessity. Neither are sweet potatoes which seem to be food royalty around here. To some maybe they are to others the carbs outweigh the nutrition benefits. Yeah, diary is naturally intended as baby mammal food. Nature is full of examples of species exploiting a food source that wasn't "meant" for them. A spinach leaf isn't meant as food for you. Neither is a chicken. We still eat them.

High quality dairy is perfectly fine as a part of a varied diet if you tolerate it IMO. Hopefully I will be in the tolerates it category. I would ideally like to be able to have some raw cream, cheese, and yogurt occasionally. Occasionally to me meaning 2-3 times a week. If I can't do that so be it. There are other delicious foods I can eat. Like the Citrus Carnitas from Well Fed that's in my oven cooking as I type this. But if I can occasionally add a bit of dairy deliciousness to my diet I will. I don't need to. I want to. Which is why I'm trying to figure out if I can.

Hey, whatever works for you. I was just pointing out that it sounds like your goals are different than your body's goals (which seem to be to get you to stop putting cow's milk in it). But listen, it's your life, do what you want.

Zach is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

You don't see me going around telling everyone to go vegan. I tell them to listen to their bodies, to forget about stupid things like numbers on a scale, to love themselves the way they are, and to avoid caramel cupcakes. Not trolling, thanks. Just trying to do some good.
    You really have no idea what your talking about. Travel over to the Maasai and tell them that dairy is poison. Bottom line that maybe for you, dairy doesnt work well. That means jack shit for someone else. No amount of vegan propaganda will make it true.

Honestly im probably one of the only people on here that wont say that veganism is neccessarily harmful, the lies they they love to spread in the name of "saving the animals" is really harmful though.

I could easily make a very good case against the consumption of all vegetables and also the disastrous impact on this planet by plant products such as bananas, wheat, soy, and corn among others that are the base diet of vegans. So lets not go around condemning entire food groups based on personal opinions.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast