Thread: Hi..new to Primal page

Hi..new to Primal

Primal Fuel
    Hello there,

I have been doing primal for about a month now, I lost some weight but I need to lose another 30 pounds. Tommorow I am starting to do crossfit with some buddies. I will try to learn how to eat and stuff. Sometimes, I eat bread because it's hard not to, but most of the time my real problem is wine at dinner. I am used of drinking 1-2 glasses for dinner everynight....does it really interfere with my weight loss?

Thanks for this community and hope to exchange with a lot of people!

nburgraff is offline Member
    Welcome to the community! Wine won't interfere with your weight loss as long as it is incorporated with the rest of your diet. Just replace something in your diet with the wine if you want to include it at dinner.

good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by nburgraff View Post
    Welcome to the community! Wine won't interfere with your weight loss as long as it is incorporated with the rest of your diet. Just replace something in your diet with the wine if you want to include it at dinner.

good luck!
    Hello there,

When you say replace it, you mean to eat less of something so I can have the calories or carbs of wine?

nburgraff is offline Member
    Yes that was what I was referring to, but if you are just starting with the new way of eating then it may be even easier to just figure out a plan that incorporates your wine into the eating plan. That way you don't have to think of it as "restricting something" but rather just a whole new way of eating.

Best of Luck, keep in touch with your success!

Go Tribe is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    You may have to figure out what works for you the most - everyone's metabolism is different, so what works for me may not work for you. I have to go hard-core carb-free to get weight loss, my body responds badly(?) to carbs when I eat them. You may not be able to tolerate a lot of carbs either - see the eating bread comment you made. I would try to keep my carbs below 35 grams to see if it does anything, or eat less protein and more fat. Do them one at a time so you don't confound your results. And start exercising - long walks and lifting at first, then start throwing in the sprints. Later, when you get fat-adapted, you can throw in some IF. I hope this helps.
    Started 9/15/11 at 323 pounds
    2/16/13 at 241 pounds
    Goal is 223 pounds or less