Hello Everyone,

New to the forum and looking for some advice and counsel. So, just being real honest here, a work colleague introduced me to The Primal Blueprint, probably a year or so ago. I dabbled a little bit; bought the The Primal Blueprint book along with the 21day Total Body Transformation and Primal Blueprint Quick & Easy meals, but really didn't do anything with them. Fast forward to this past Friday. Went in for my annual physical, and the doc gave me a wake up call. Said I'm borderline diabetic, blood sugar 120 and gave me 6 months to get it down before he puts me on Meds. I'm 49, turn 50 in June, weigh in at 260 on a 5' 11" frame. I have a bit of a gut, but the weight seems to be distributed all over, so I don't look god awful, but it's time to get real serious. My question is: What should I do to have the most immediate impact on the blood sugar level? I've started following the Primal eating guidelines and exercising the day after the news. I know it's a lifestyle change, but didn't know if an area of concentrated effort could have the most immediate positive impact.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.