Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nagging Elbow Pain. Damn You, Kipping Pull-ups! page 2

firemart is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm not sure if y'all saw that I had stopped the movement months ago.

not on the rug is offline Senior Member
    kipping pullups=stupid. do things with controlled motion. maybe you were doing too much volume? not enough rest time beteween workout days? maybe your form is bad? what about other influences, like work or other hobbies that put you in uncomfortable or unnatural positions? tendonitis can take months to clear itself up. back in my super heavy lifting days, i developed tendonitis in my shoulders and on 2 occasions, missed 3-4 months in the gym. you can take anti-inflamatories like ibuprofin if you really want to. rest, ice, and some mobility work would probably help as well. but only time will help that go away
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

Katsuhiko the Rolfer is offline Senior Member
    My advice is to see a Rolfer and possibly a Cranio-Sacral therapist

qn8800 is offline Junior Member
    The problem may show up in your elbow but the source may be in your shoulder. Has anyone watched you perform any movements, or do you have video? An asymmetry there may be the root cause.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________
    Elbow pain

Cavedude is offline Senior Member
    Definitely rest for awhile. Do eccentric exercises to strengthen the forearm (reverse wrist curls tend to work best) and supplement with a natural anti-inflammatory like fish oil and a proper joint supplement. Elbow Revive is my go-to supplement any time I feel the slightest ache of elbow tendonitis coming back-- works great. Of course if the problem persists, which it often does, see your doc and maybe get an MRI. Hope this helps.
    "Always be yourself. Express yourself. Have faith in yourself. Do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it." -Bruce Lee

SuBee is offline Member
    I understand the desire to keep up your strength, but it seems to me that if you are doing 25-30 pushups a day, your elbow is not getting real rest. I have the same issue and it is super-frustrating--for me, it's because I want to *start* a strength program, but can't do basically any upper-body stuff (open to suggestions) because of the wonky elbow. It becomes noticeably better whenever life circumstances keep me from dance class for a couple weeks (which is how I hurt it).

I've added collagen to my diet and am removing dairy, to help with joint issues and possible inflammation, respectively. Bone broth, when it's not too hot to find the concept laughable.

Wishing you luck!

OldSchhool is online now Senior Member
    You obviously aren't Kipping hard enough, kip that bad boy like a mad man and let that pain know whose boss.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12