Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OK here's my dream page 2

TCates190 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    For a nice dessert type thing some berries in fresh whipped cream is awesome. I get it at a farmers market every weekend. As for meals maybe some oven roasted fries, lettuce wrap burgers, grilled chicken fingers, chicken wings, nice salads etc.

TCates190 is offline Senior Member
    Bean less chili?

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    If you're looking for festival food ideas, make every dish eatable while standing....so nothing requiring knife and fork action. Meat should be bite size/pre sliced/hand held.

I don't really care if you have desserts or not. By the time I stuffed my face with a real meal, I don't have room for dessert.

Just about any kind of meat, beside or on top of a big ass salad, or a pile of roasted veggies, would make me happy. Pulled pork, chicken kabobs, burger patty, sliced steak, salmon filet, prawns & scallops, bratwurst, poached eggs, bacon...

...with a choice of sides - roasted sweet potatoes, roasted cauliflower, fruit salad, coleslaw. You could even offer non-primal sides like potato salad, roasted potatoes, fried rice...so non-primal buddies can order off the same truck.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Paleobird Guest
    And don't forget the seafood. Nothing more Primal than a freshly shucked oyster IMO.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Date shakes

Best date dessert ever.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Date shakes
    Is that what you get when you take me out but you're so exited and nervous you just can't stand it?

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Is that what you get when you take me out but you're so exited and nervous you just can't stand it?
    Yep. You make me feel like I'm in high school all over again.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Owen, how about calling your food truck something like Paleo or Primal Planet foods and then each dish could have a meat and veg combo with a different ethnic emphasis. For example the Asian plate could have Thai grilled chicken with a daikon, cucumber, mint slaw, Greek Plate: lamb kabobs with Greek Salad, Mexican Plate: Carne Asada with an orange, jicama, avocado and cilantro salad etc. That way there's always something different for the customers to try.

Chanda is offline Member
    Primal Tiramisu. I LOVE Tiramisu... One of my most favorite desserts, ever. Also, a Primal lasagna and a Primal eggplant parmesan.

Owen is offline Senior Member
    Some great Ideas here thanks, I love the name Primal Planet and the idea of having different parts of the world foods, or at least the one of having a range of sauces/marinades for the meat. I'm thinking of going basic, having a few choices and focusing on quality to start with.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast