Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: A dilemma... page 6

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    You want to eat every day about the %s I gave. Tuesday you had too much protein and not enough fats. This is a HighFat diet. Wednesday too much protein and not enough carbs.

ksubeks is offline Junior Member
    Ok, I've had dinner and my numbers are sitting as follows...

29% protein, 12% carbs, 59% fat

I had 2 eggs and 3 pieces of bacon, 4 slices of lunch meat, 2 slices of provolone, some mayo and mustard, asst raw veggies at lunch and for dinner I sautéed chicken and asparagus in butter. Oh, and I made guacamole with 1/2 avocado, tomato, onion and lime juice. What else should I be adding to increase fat without adding protein?
    33 F / 5'9" / SW 333 / SPBW 264/ CW 264 / GW 175
    Began Primal 3/25/13 after Medifast

Primal Journal: ksubeks

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ksubeks View Post
    Ok, I've had dinner and my numbers are sitting as follows...

29% protein, 12% carbs, 59% fat

I had 2 eggs and 3 pieces of bacon, 4 slices of lunch meat, 2 slices of provolone, some mayo and mustard, asst raw veggies at lunch and for dinner I sautéed chicken and asparagus in butter. Oh, and I made guacamole with 1/2 avocado, tomato, onion and lime juice. What else should I be adding to increase fat without adding protein?
    My 2c worth is that you need to be eating more real meat and less processed meat derived foods. Think steak and eggs, or a lox omelet. Skip the bacon and lunchmeat. Also if you stick with red (ruminant) meat and seafood and stay away from the pork and poultry, you will get a better O3/O6 ratio and a higher fat/protein content. How about adding some coconut to your diet? Great MCT fats.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ksubeks View Post
    Speaking of goal weights, does anyone still firmy believe in the validity of BMI charts? If I go by that, I'd need to lose a minimum of 110 more pounds just to be at the highest weight in the "healthy zone" for my height. It just seems like there are too many variables for that to be accurate - such as muscle tone and such.
    No, it's complete bunk once you are talking about individuals. Measure body fat % instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    My 2c worth is that you need to be eating more real meat and less processed meat derived foods. Think steak and eggs, or a lox omelet. Skip the bacon and lunchmeat. Also if you stick with red (ruminant) meat and seafood and stay away from the pork and poultry, you will get a better O3/O6 ratio and a higher fat/protein content. How about adding some coconut to your diet? Great MCT fats.
    Yep. The fatty cuts of meat are very nutritious and more fat than protein. Although good (real) bacon is still pretty awesome.
    Last edited by magicmerl; 03-27-2013 at 07:23 PM.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

ksubeks is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks for the recommendation of coconut. Completely forgot I bought some organic unsweetened flakes. I mixed 4 tbsp with an ounce of cocoa roast almonds for a little snack. Yum! Hard to believe those little coconut flakes have so much (good) fat in them!
    33 F / 5'9" / SW 333 / SPBW 264/ CW 264 / GW 175
    Began Primal 3/25/13 after Medifast

Primal Journal: ksubeks

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456