Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: A dilemma... page 5

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by ksubeks View Post
    Using the Lose it app, I totaled my protein, carbs, fat and calories so far and am sitting at these totals...

Protein: 86g
    Carbs: 17g
    Fat: 88 g
    Calories: 1194

The fat is probably higher because of cheese. I'll cut back on that. Is everything else ok? It feels high being that I haven't even had supper yet!
    How do you feel? When I was aggressively losing, I would often be around 60g each of fat and protein and 120g carbs. But I didn't focus on macros, I just focused on whole foods that kept me happy and as full as possible for as long as possible.

It may take you a few weeks to find what feels right for you. But once you get through a few days on regular food, you'll have a better idea of how you might want to adjust it.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

sacredgrooves is offline Junior Member
    Using the Lose it app, I totaled my protein, carbs, fat and calories so far and am sitting at these totals...

Protein: 86g
    Carbs: 17g
    Fat: 88 g
    Calories: 1194

The fat is probably higher because of cheese. I'll cut back on that. Is everything else ok? It feels high being that I haven't even had supper yet!
    You may want to find a way to replace some of the ~75 carbs the MF meals were giving you, 17 is pretty darn low imo. I struggled with that the first few days, but I have found enough different foods to get into the 60-80 range no problem now. I eat one banana a day and that alone gives me close to 30. I still eat my big salads loaded with veggies, just more now than the "lean and green" allowed us.

ksubeks is offline Junior Member
    I have felt great all day. Took my dog for a 1.5 mile walk and came home to start dinner. I was making a chicken and vegetable soup but then decided I wasn't that hungry and only really craving a salad. Put the soup away for lunch tomorrow and made a salad.

My totals for the day were -
    Protein: 102g
    Carbs: 38g
    Fats: 100g
    Calories: 1636

I'm feeling pretty satisfied and full overall!

2ndChance is offline Senior Member
    ^ It sounds like you are really making strides as far as listening to your body goes! You'll be happy tomorrow when you have that delicious lunch, too!

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you are getting lots of advice and are doing really well After doing something so strict as Medifast, I think it better for you to aim very high and do as close to 100 as possible. While I was in the diet phase of this program, I started on reg. 80-20 but found it easier to forget that stuff and just go strict. Doing a Whole 30 from the Whole9 people really helped set me on the right track. My Son gave me the book associated with it. "It starts with food" I found it really excellent. I gave up all grain, all potato and only very occasional sweet potato, all sugar and all eggs and dairy. I have now found I was unknowingly allergic to eggs and dairy. Now those foods are out of my radar altogether, it all seems way easier. I now have occasional slightly sweetened things, but am not really interested in bought candy or desserts whatsoever, some dark chocolate sometimes now, or coconut ice-cream.
    Last edited by Silvergirl; 03-26-2013 at 08:17 AM.
    Starting Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, goal weight in November 2012.
    Now 95lbs and holding.
    Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvergirl View Post
    After doing something so strict as Medifast, I think it better for you to aim very high and do as close to 100 as possible. While I was in the diet phase of this program, I started on reg. 80-20 but found it easier to forget that stuff and just go strict.
    My plan for now is to definitely stay strict and try and be 100% primal. I do much better if I have it in my mind that there's no room for cheating. I suppose it's a scare tactic I use on myself out of fear of falling completely off the wagon. When I'm closer to my goal weight (which I'm actually not even sure I have one - it's more of a size I'd like to be), then I plan to switch to an 80/20 so I can relax and enjoy some other things on occasion without the guilt.

Speaking of goal weights, does anyone still firmy believe in the validity of BMI charts? If I go by that, I'd need to lose a minimum of 110 more pounds just to be at the highest weight in the "healthy zone" for my height. It just seems like there are too many variables for that to be accurate - such as muscle tone and such.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Speaking of goal weights, does anyone still firmy believe in the validity of BMI charts? If I go by that, I'd need to lose a minimum of 110 more pounds just to be at the highest weight in the "healthy zone" for my height. It just seems like there are too many variables for that to be accurate - such as muscle tone and such.
    It's not valid, but it's a start. You will need to make adjustments anyway as your body composition changes.

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    My plan for now is to definitely stay strict and try and be 100% primal. I do much better if I have it in my mind that there's no room for cheating. I suppose it's a scare tactic I use on myself out of fear of falling completely off the wagon. When I'm closer to my goal weight (which I'm actually not even sure I have one - it's more of a size I'd like to be), then I plan to switch to an 80/20 so I can relax and enjoy some other things on occasion without the guilt.

All good, hope it works out well for you. BMI is just an indicator really. Depends on bone and muscle too, but a useful start. I didn't have a goal weight but thought maybe 123. seemed reasonable for my age etc. but I plowed right through that. Seems once you get started and on a good routine it can be hard to stabilize. I feel better on being strict so I work to eat more good stuff
    Starting Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, goal weight in November 2012.
    Now 95lbs and holding.
    Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Standard PB is 65-70% fat, 20% protein, 10-15% carbs. What are you numbers as %s?

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptocode View Post
    Standard PB is 65-70% fat, 20% protein, 10-15% carbs. What are you numbers as %s?
    Monday: 62% fat, 27% protein, 12% carbs
    Tuesday: 40% fat, 41% protein, 19% carbs
    Today (so far): 62% fat, 29% protein, 9% carbs

So I need to replace some protein for fat??
    33 F / 5'9" / SW 333 / SPBW 264/ CW 264 / GW 175
    Began Primal 3/25/13 after Medifast

Primal Journal: ksubeks

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast