Hey there! I've been fully researching the primal lifestyle for several months after seeing my brothers success. I've been making notes, saving recipes and getting everything ready to make the switch to primal in July. I'm currently using Medifast in an attempt to lose 100 pounds by July. I started on Christmas Day and am 45 pounds down so far. I'm so anxious to go primal yet fear that I won't have as much weight loss success if I start before I've lost this weight with Medifast. However, I'm sure starting now and eating real, organic foods would be better than the processed soy products I'm having now. The nice thing about Medifast is that it's a structured plan that has allowed me to curb my carb addiction and diminish the cravings. I worry that without the structure I'll be tempted for cheating and potential binge eating, as I've done in the past.

So, my question for all of you is should I continue Medifast until I've reached my 100 lb goal, or make the switch now? I've decided that an 80/20 primal lifestyle is what I want to implement for my life, but getting this weight off as quickly as possible is also important. If I do make the switch now, I thought about not allowing myself the "cheat meals" until I've reached my goal just so I don't tempt myself, which may actually help in the weight loss.

Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much!