I will spare you the details of the long, dramatic road I've been down, but will say that I've been experiencing chest pain in various forms since late last fall. I've had all manner of medical tests with no answers. In fact, I'm super healthy!

While I did not keep a diary or anything of how things progressed (of course now I wish I had), I do know that my issues did begin when I started the process of weaning myself off of Lexapro. I have been on some form of anti-depressant for the past 15 years or so. While I am happy to report that I am now anti-depressant free, I cannot help but wonder if my symptoms are the result of not being on meds. Most recently (the last 4 to 6 weeks), I've also been occasionally anxious, irritable and teary.
Is it possible that SSRIs can "mask" depression and anxiety issues caused my a bad diet or unhealthy gut chemistry?

The thing the confounds all of this is that since August, I've cleaned up my diet significantly. I have been (mostly) wheat and grain free, I've been taking probiotics, been eating more fermented foods, brewing and drinking kombucha and reduced my sugar intake. To add insult to injury, I have not seen any changes in my weight or body composition. My athletic performance has been mixed; I PR'd during a run time trial, but have also had workouts that felt pretty cruddy.

Finally, I want to add that I am by no means miserable, but am generally just fed up that I cannot figure out what is going on.

Insights very much appreciated...