Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PB Journal for Christine! page

ChristineCrain is offline Senior Member

PB Journal for Christine!

I'm here because I need people to kick my butt. My husband's afraid I'll get mad at him, so maybe some more anonymous people will have better luck. Basically I've been loosely following the PB lifestyle for almost 2 years now with a brief relapse in the fall where I just couldn't afford much in the way of meat and vegetables.

I need to incorporate more slow movement and weight training. Right now my only exercise is biking to and from work. The dog misses his walks and I miss my muscle tone. So your job is to kick my butt when I report eating sugary crap (like the Nutella I had at lunch) and when I don't exercise.

Here's today to far; I'll report the rest as it happens/as I have time to add:
    Breakfast (at work): 2 hard-boiled eggs, a pear and two cups of coffee with 18% cream
    Lunch: left over chicken breast fried in a bit of milk and curry spices with apple and almond slices. I also had a pear and that horrible Nutella (it's gone now tho thank god).
    Supper (haven't eaten yet but I have it all ready at home): grilled local pork steaks and steamed veggies swimming in butter. I might have some coconut milk and frozen berries for desert if I'm still hungry.

Turns out after work I didn't just have the pork steak... there was also an english cucumber involved, which was delicious.

This morning I woke up at 6:20 and took the dog for a half hour walk. Then I had my supplements (Folic Acid and Vit D) with some orange juice while I boiled my eggs that I take to work. Once I got to work I had the eggs, a pear and two mugs of coffee with cream. Lunch will be left over steak.

After work I'm hoping to have the energy to do a bit of weight training, but I'm not used to waking up at 6 anymore so I might take a nap instead.

A bonus is that my husband said it looks like I've been getting into better shape since I started biking to work. On most days I bike to and from work twice a day (so I can go home for lunch) and it's about 5 KMs one way, so I figure I'm doing pretty good in the move slow department.
    ---
    ~Christine

I biked home for lunch yesterday and had the left over pork steak and another pear. That was the last one so I'm going to cut back on the fruit intake now to see if I can break past 150.

After Biking home I baked a sweet potato and roasted some parsnips and carrots while the hubby grilled some local grass fed TBones for supper, I couldn't eat half of it so that will probably be lunch today.

I didn't do any weight training. I figure I should work the walking back in over a couple weeks, then work the weight training back in. I don't want to try and do too much all at once it'll all just fly out the window and I know it.
    ---
    ~Christine

The scale DOES drop below 150 pounds!

I had my normal hard boiled eggs and coffee for breakfast after biking to work yesterday. It was pissing rain out at lunch though so I opted for an unplanned fast rather then bike home int he rain then bike back to work. After work I made myself a big ass salad: baby spinach, carrots, celery, cucumber, radish, avocado, almond slices, topped with some left over feta oregano dressing and olive oil. A little bit later I was still hungry so I grilled myself a 1/3 pound hamburger.

Today the scale finally dipped below the 150 I've been hovering at for a few weeks. Only 9.8 pounds to my goal, and once I get there I'll reassess how I look/feel.
    ---
    ~Christine

After a semi-primal weekend I'm still lurking below 150, so I figure I did quite well.

Friday: I fasted until after work, at which point I had left over steak, sweet potato, roasted carrot and parsnips.

I took some kefir off from culturing and hung it in cheese cloth so that it could drain while we were visiting my mom. While we were driving I had some Pepsi and banana bread (horrible but delicious), after a hockey game I also had a multi-grain bun with my mom, but I smothered it in butter to try and balance it out a little bit.

Saturday: We went to a pancake breakfast but I only ate a few hash browns and a breakfast sausage. Once we got home I cooked myself a couple pieces of bacon. For lunch we made home made hamburgers and I ate mine with a pile of vegetables and wrapped in lettuce. That was it because the meal was so huge I wasn't hungry until I woke up the next day.

I woke up on Saturday with a sore throat and kept sneezing, so as soon as we got back from visiting my mom I took 16,000 UI of vitamin D and another 16,000 before I went to bed.

Sunday: I didn't sleep very well because I kept waking up to blow my nose. When I woke up I had some bacon and another 8,000 UI of vitamin D (that's all the was left in the bottle). I had a couple glasses of honey/lemon/rum/hot water to help clear my head through the afternoon while visiting my mother-in-law. Then we had roast beef, fiddle heads, asparagus and salad for supper(took another 16,000 UI of D through the day once we bought another bottle).

When we got home I took my kefir off from culturing and unwrapped the hanging cheese. The cheese turned out good, and the kefir was good too. I had a glass with some tylonal cold & sinus so I could go to sleep before working this morning.
    ---
    ~Christine

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member
    Bad Christine! Banada bread is naughty...and the Pepsi - so much HFCS! lol

That's me kicking your butt like you asked!
    I grok, therefore I am.

Haha Thanks! I knew it was bad and I honestly think it's why I managed to catch the head cold. My husband also scolded me when I bought it so my butt has thoroughly been kicked now q:
    ---
    ~Christine

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member
    see? that's your body's way of telling you it didn't like what you injested! lol

I always try to have primal friendly nom noms in the car when we take trips. Cuts down the chances of eating something that I might 'regret'. Did you know that North Americans are the only society that make a habit of eating in their vehicles? Crazy. When I was on 'The Zone' a long time back, Barry Sears suggested not eating in the car at all. Makes sense. I get meat cravings while driving though.
    I grok, therefore I am.

Yeah I'm thinking I need to toss a baggy of jerky in the car for just such occasions. I get meat cravings too and home made jerky would fit the bill perfectly!
    ---
    ~Christine

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well yesterday was an easy day. Since I was still recovering from the cold, I opted to sleep a little bit longer rather then taking the dog for a walk in the cold. I fasted yesterday as well (aside from my normal 2 mugs of coffee with heavy cream). After I biked home from work I did a little bit of freelancing work then mowed some of the lawn (until the battery died). I had a big assed salad and one and a half pork sausages for supper.
    ---
    ~Christine

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast