Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal living - clutter free - join me page

Karo is offline Junior Member

Talking Primal living - clutter free - join me

Primal Fuel
    My family is going on a challenge to entirely de-clutter our home in the next 2 weeks to make this space more lovable and loving. The goal is to get rid of at elates 10 items a day that we no longer need or use and to find a "place" for everything else. Also, we will only keep things that are either practical or which we truly love and everything else will either go to charity or the garbage bin. Who is joining us? It would be great to have support from you.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I could do a little spring cleaning. When I moved here two years ago, I left almost my entire life of clutter behind. What I could fit into a small car (with a cat in a carrier and a too large cooler) and four boxes of clothes and photos I had shipped to me. While I could still get out of Dodge with the same essentials, I have somehow acquired some clutter. Mostly boxes that held newly purchased small appliance in case I needed to return them. Game on.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Paleobird Guest
    I'm in escrow right now selling a 4br/4ba house and downsizing to an apartment. I have become a de-cluttering machine.

One of the principles in the Gnoll Credo by J. Stanton is this : If you can't eat it, wear it, wield it, or carry it with you, leave it behind.

The Gnoll Credo, a novel by J. Stanton

In this wonderful book the Gnolls refer to anything that serves no purpose as "nerga". I have come to think of my house clean out as de-nergafication. It really feels good.

Annieh is offline Senior Member

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    fly lady drives me batty. i just consider it. . . i don't know, somehow unworkable. lol

that being said, i hew to minimalism, so i love to declutter frequently. I just did the bathroom/laundry a few weeks ago, and I'm the process of doing the clothing/closets again. It's easiest to do them seasonally. I'm down to a minimum, but DS is swimming in clothing (mostly hand-me-downs and gifts). So, I gotta figure that business out. Still working on it.

Also, probably need to do a toy cull.

Paper and general 'stuff' is easy -- we rarely bring it in. But, man! yeah.

Chanda is offline Member
    I want to do this. My house is a cluttered mess.

Boneidle24seven is offline Senior Member
    I support this idea 100%! I dream of living the minimalist life. A house full of clutter makes me stressed just thinking about it. The practicallities of dumping everything however is another story. Sentimentality makes me hang onto stuff that serves no other purpose than to remind me of past events in my life. In may i am going on a yurt holiday for just a few days. the idea being you leave all your junk, mental and physical, behind and live simply, as a kind of detox from our hectic lives. I hope when i get back to have a renewed perspective on living the way we do.
    http://www.richardlongart.co.uk/

http://www.primalish.net/

“You have to know the past to understand the present.”
    ― Carl Sagan

JennGlob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I'm in escrow right now selling a 4br/4ba house and downsizing to an apartment.
    This sounds like heaven! I would love to ditch the stuff and at least 1 person...

We are helping my mom get ready to sell her home after 37 years. She is a semi recovered hoarder, so it is a lot of shit. Once at get her house done, I will be doing mine. It is amazing the things you accumulate when mindlessly buying or bored. I have always known about my moms issues, so try to stay away from clutter. However, things creep in if not paying attention.
    Primal since 4/7/2012

Starting weight 140
    Current weigh 126

www.jenniferglobensky.blogspot.com

Jennifer

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    Check out "The Story of Stuff" here:

The Story of Stuff Project

What is interesting about this book is how the current over-consumerism has been manipulated from a long time ago.

I started cutting down several years ago, I have found that the less I have, the less I need.

The Gnolls Credo is dead on there, I'm reading the book now.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

OneDeltaTenTango is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by JennGlob View Post
    This sounds like heaven! I would love to ditch the stuff and at least 1 person...

We are helping my mom get ready to sell her home after 37 years. She is a semi recovered hoarder, so it is a lot of shit. Once at get her house done, I will be doing mine. It is amazing the things you accumulate when mindlessly buying or bored. I have always known about my moms issues, so try to stay away from clutter. However, things creep in if not paying attention.
    A couple of years ago, we dealt with my dad's house where he lived for 35 years before passing away. You don't know what a gift it is to do this when a parent is still alive!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast