Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best body weight workout at home book page

seaweed is online now Senior Member

Best body weight workout at home book

Shop Now
    i've been going around and round on this but have decided i should do more body weight exercises. i walk average of 4 miles a day and go to the gym and do big weights once a week. i live miles from town so i am pretty much limited to one gym trip a week.

can anyone recommend a good book or a web site with ideas and good progressions?

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Youtube. Everything you'll ever need is there.

i was thinking about you-tube. i have learnt all sorts of bizarre things off there like how to cast off a kete whakairo and how to seam bone a deer leg!

Start by searching on "bodyweight exercise". You'll have to take a break once in a while to actually exercise. There is no limit to the videos you will find.

there are loads thankyou =) i will look as it is raining and i cant do much right now.

dilberryhoundog is offline Senior Member
    I've tried most of them, I've settled on YAYOG (you are your own gym). I tried PBF, simplefit, convict conditioning and the naked warrior. I found YAYOG the best because: THE IPHONE APP, 2hrs a week (simplefit and CC just wasn't enough time, less than an hour a week). YAYOG gets a whole lot more muscle groups working in different ways (the others didn't work the legs like yayog does (back lunges, side lunges)). YAYOG is no frills (TNW breathing etc).

hope that helps.
    A little primal gem - My Success Story
    Weight lost in 4 months - 29kg (64 lbs)

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    I had a lot of success with Convict Conditioning, but I'm starting to get into Building the Gymnastic Body, but it's really hard for me. Convict Conditioning is a straight strength program, but I also fixed my knee problems and made a lot of progress on fixing my posture. YAYOG seems to incorporate more exercises and more conditioning, for more of an overall fitness.

CC and Naked Warrior both go through really good explanations of how to get stronger using progressively more difficult bodyweight exercises, though CC explains more of them, I think.

If you're looking for a structured program, demonstrations of all of those can be found on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by jfreaksho View Post
    I'm starting to get into Building the Gymnastic Body, but it's really hard for me.
    That looks challenging.

i was leaning mostly towards CC here. Can you find the progressions in there on you-tube? building the gymnastic body definitely looks challening.

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    i was leaning mostly towards CC here. Can you find the progressions in there on you-tube? building the gymnastic body definitely looks challening.
    ConvictConditioning's channel - YouTube

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast