Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best body weight workout at home book page 3

seaweed is online now Senior Member
    i am sure i read a review of YAYOG which was not complimentary a while back. it did look good from the blurb tho.

all the women i have seen irl who can do chin ups are big shouldered body building types. the ones i see on you-tube are tiny. my 12 yr old can still do them and she is scrawy. makes me wish i had a mum who told me to never stop doing them. i always tell the kids to do at least one every day at school so they never stop being able to do them.

"Body by You" also by Mark Lauren and Joshua Clark
    i splashed out and have ordered this. plus strength training anatomy so as i can start to think about what muscles we use to do stuff from an anatomical pov. i also pre-ordered ( as it was cheap and my birthday is in a month LOL ) mud, guts and glory since one of the reasons i weight train is to be better at going hunting and my various other outdoor activities which are really just one big outdoor obstacle course some days.

fat belly frog is offline Senior Member
    Hey seaweed, if you have a smartphone (iPhone or android) get the your are you own gym app for 2 dollars. Has 4 by ten week programs all laid out, great progression and periodisation and photo and video descriptions.

It will help you out with those big stinky boar carry out's up those south island hills.....

Cheers
    "Times fun when you are having Flies" Kermit the frog

Al_Kavadlo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeltaTenTango View Post
    Al Kavadlo, regular poster here, has a great web site, lots of video content, and several books. I think he is just releasing another, this one a comprehensive bodyweight program. Worth checking him out.
    Thanks for the shout out!

I'm a little late to the party here, but there are lots of good choices as far as books on bodyweight training are concerned, and you could probably benefit from all of the books mentioned in this thread. Having said that, of course I think my books are the best!

They're also the only bodyweight workout books on the market endorsed by Mark Sisson himself. Check out Mark's quote about my newest book, Pushing The Limits!

"When people ask me about bodyweight strength training, I point them to Al Kavadlo. Pushing the Limits! is a must-have for bodyweight training enthusiasts or anyone looking to build strength without lifting weights. Al lays out dozens of effective exercises for every fitness level, while making the journey fun and encouraging."óMARK SISSON
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    The reddit r/bodyweightfitness has a great FAQ and a very responsive community.

Hey seaweed, if you have a smartphone (iPhone or android) get the your are you own gym app for 2 dollars. Has 4 by ten week programs all laid out, great progression and periodisation and photo and video descriptions.
    i dont have a smart phone or even a cell signal usually.

It will help you out with those big stinky boar carry out's up those south island hills.....
    LOL i usually manage not to find any of them for some mysterious reason.

That book looks good Al. My usually problem with books from overseas is the cost of shipping. I do check out your web site tho.

+1 for Al.

I'd also recommend any of ross enamait's books, particularly "never gymless" and also a site i recently found called madbarz.com

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil-SC View Post
    One source from a different perspective that I would offer is "Yoga for Regular Guys" by D.D. Page.
    It's now been re-branded as DDP Yoga. I love it!

https://www.store.ddpyoga.com/
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

well i went to the gym this week and was bearing in mind this
    Pull Up Progression - YouTube

i still reckon the lower half is the hardest. i gave it a go did it and then kept heading up and did a whole pull up on my own! no jumping or assistance. technically it is a reverse pull up but still. i was stunned. i managed another one so it wasnt a fluke. i have since found a metal soccer goal where i pick the kids up from school and the bars at the kids school i can use for pull ups. and i have managed more. the kids school also has a metal pole too!

nathanb is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Never Gymless by Ross Enamait @ rosstraining is a great book
    Last edited by nathanb; 03-29-2013 at 11:07 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast