Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hungry page

Fantazmic is offline Member

Hungry

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi everyone

My aplogies in advance if this has been posted before. I did have a look in the archives but couldnt find anything that quite described where I am at.

I have been following primal since November 2011 So about 15 months or so. My starting weight was 85 kilos and I have shrunk down to 71.8 kilos as of this morning. I was about 72 - 73 kilos when I started exercising last October 2012 (wanted to get my diet right first) and I have been swapping fat for muscle, so my weight has stayed very similar however my centimetres have gone way down. I have dropped two dress sizes and photographs tell the story so its all good.

I went through terrible sugar crashes mood swings you name it when I first started Primal. I suspect I am hypoglycemic...although with perserverence and an iron will I have managed to bring all of that mostly underconrol.

My problem started about a week ago. I have lost probably about half a kilo in the last 10 days to get under 72.

The only thing I have changed is I am not eating as many almonds and dried sultanas and I am doing one more short aerobic workout a week. I am so hungry. I was hungry last night and woke up hungry this morning.

Do you think I need to up my calories somehow.

I am really confused about this....probably because having had a weight problem all my life I have always restricted my food intake.

Do you think my metabolism has inreased and this is why I am hungry ? Or could it be something to do with what I am eating....ie should I be having more protein ?

Thanks for reading my rant

Elizabeth

nburgraff is offline Member
    What does your diet look like on most days? You might want to toy around with the macro composition, also how does your energy feel during your workouts?

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Try adding back in the foods you eliminated and see what happens.

If you're hungry, EAT. You body is asking for fuel.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Ok my diet is this....its a bit odd because I have salycilate intolerance and I react to sulphites and nitrites so there are things I cant eat (eg bacon and ham)

Breakfast
    Tin of pink salmon
    soft boiled egg
    avocado
    small handful of raw almonds

Lunch
    small tin pink salmon
    avocado
    mango
    raw almonds

Dinner
    steak and veg or salad
    or
    chicken or fish with veg or salad
    (a big plate full)

In between meals I might have one coffee (decaf) with a small amount of milk
    or a handful of almonds with some sun dried sultanas (I have cut these right back)

I have just added having a protein shake sometimes to replace breakfast (maybe twice a week). I tried Marks but am not sure about it. I have found a different one by a company called 180 Nutrition. It is an Aussie company and the product looks very good.

I do take multivitamins (Bioceuticals) but only a few times a week.

I feel well and my workoutshave been good except for today where I felt hungry in the early hours of the moring and i felt i lacked energy today. I am currently eating an omlette hubby has made me because i feel realy washed out

Elizabeth

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    You may not be eating enough calories. It looks like you're eating enough protein. Try to increase your fat or carbohydrates. Add a potato or sweet potato with butter once or twice a day.

ahh ok

will do

i wasnt sure if that was the case....

yipeeeeeee i can eat a bit more !!

me2
    me2 is offline Senior Member
    Also eat a variety of foods every day to ensure that you are getting the right micronutrients, especially if you are not supplementing.
    Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Can you purchase uncured bacon. If so, eat 2 bacon and 2 eggs for breakfast. I think you need more fats. That will curb your hunger also.

miata is online now Senior Member
    If you like coffee or tea go bulletproof by adding a couple of tablespoons of grass fed butter and coconut oil.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Yes, I think it's good news. this plan is good for dieting but you can afford to eat more now that you have lost the weight you needed, built some muscle and are exercising. You will find you get hungrier on workout days, that's ok. Congratulations.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast