Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Anyone read this article? Any thoughts? page 6

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Actually that is quite the point. Looking at uncooked grains is just plain stupid. You can't eat them in that form! It don't count. Their nutritional profile changes quite drastically in cooked form vs. non-cooked, but all the grain pushers will only show you the non-cooked data and hide their head in the sand.
    Ahh. To see just how stupid that statement sounds just replace "grains" with "meat" and read it back to yourself.
    There's also other nutrients you're not account for like antioxidants and fibers like beta glucan, which can't be too bad considering mark puts it in his supplements.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
    Ahh. To see just how stupid that statement sounds just replace "grains" with "meat" and read it back to yourself.
    There's also other nutrients you're not account for like antioxidants and fibers like beta glucan, which can't be too bad considering mark puts it in his supplements.
    Actually, I think that the point is the same. I'm only interested in the nutritional profile of cooked meat, if I only eat it cooked.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456