Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I.F. page 2

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    Yes,working out in a fasted state is just fine. It make take you some getting used to, but once you do you might even like working out more that way.

Mac
    Mac is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primalchild View Post
    Seriously. People need to stop being so afraid of losing muscle mass. If it were that easy, we'd all be dead or in horrible shape.
    Exactly. Unless you are training to become an elite bodybuilder where you need to optimize conditions for muscle growth to the nth degree I wouldn't worry. The media, once again, had done a wonderful job of filling people's heads with nonsense. Ooh...we MUST eat every 5 minutes or our metabolisms will stop and we will die! NEVER exercise without eating or you will waste away to nothing and die! What a load of crap.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    Exactly. Unless you are training to become an elite bodybuilder where you need to optimize conditions for muscle growth to the nth degree I wouldn't worry. The media, once again, had done a wonderful job of filling people's heads with nonsense. Ooh...we MUST eat every 5 minutes or our metabolisms will stop and we will die! NEVER exercise without eating or you will waste away to nothing and die! What a load of crap.
    What a great marketing tool though huh? Eat Eat Eat because we need to Sell Sell Sell ...

Feanor78 is offline Senior Member
    I'm in the middle of my first IF (I'm going to do it for 20 hrs) and I just did a complex workout - it was crazy hard but I felt awesome! I figured I'd be totally wiped out after the first set of the pyramid but I felt great.

Raleighwood is offline Member
    This is a really complicated question based on many things. Are you working out to gain muscular size? Strength? Fat loss? How are your macronutrients %s?

People like to throw out stats and figures, such as 'no muscle catabolism unless you've been fasting 72 hours...' That's just silly to apply that to everyone. Your body is a highly complex system, regulated by many things.

If you are looking for permission to train fasted, just do it! Find out how your body reacts to it and go from there. There has been some research finding that fasted training is beneficial. But that really depends on your unique body and goals.

I know for a fact muscle anabolism does not happen unless there are enough resources (nutrients) to support it. Some people have had success with calorie/nutrient cycling combined with intermittent fasting to promote significant lean mass gain with out added body fat. Do some research on that, www.leangains.com is a good resource.

If you are serious about your goals, you should start a detailed training log. In it you should track eating patterns, workout intensity/volume and your progression. This will help you greatly when trying to find what works for you.

primalclubber is offline Senior Member
    I agree with raleigh. Just do it and listen to how your body reacts. Everyone has different goals, and different levels of fitness and experience. I've always been fit, and only looking to fine-tune my body, which is different from someone who needs to lose 100 lbs and never exercised in their life. This site is a good source for information and feedback, but you're the only one who knows best what your body can or can't do.

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    IFing is very much about finding out what works for you. There is not one 'cover-all' approach that will work for everyone out there.
    I grok, therefore I am.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12