Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Newly paleo and constipated. page 2

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I was kind of like that at first too. It was mostly that my body needed to adjust to a new way of eating. After a few good weeks of getting used to primal eating, I started to get more regular. And adding in some fermented foods helped even more.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Take Magnesium Citrate, 400mg for 1 month. A gentle try to move every day, do not push or strain. If not, take a gentle laxative daily like Milk of Magnesia or "Smooth Move" herbal tea. During this month try upping the Mg and see if that has any effect. I see no ill effects from daily laxatives, and their are really bad effects of doing nothing or straining.

If that doesn't do it, and it probably will, the next month take 1 Potassium Asporotate(TM) (400 mg, for chelate) by Solaray (daily as necessary, but not for more that 1 week). In my experience, after 6 years of permanently constipated' that will do it.

Pre-bioltics (fermented foods) are very helpful, they're already partially digested.

Give your body plenty of time to adjust to each change in diet.

Hawksworth is offline Junior Member
    Ok, some good things I will try here.

Someone asked why I limited my fruit intake, it was just from reading that there is a lot of sugar in fruit and I was trying to go low carb, guess I could start eating more again as I am not worried about my weight or anything like that.

Thanks again for the helpful replies.
    Last edited by Hawksworth; 03-24-2013 at 09:38 AM.

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    vegetables WITH fat. added fat. like butter on your green beans and coconut oil on your spinach.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Hawksworth is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    vegetables WITH fat. added fat. like butter on your green beans and coconut oil on your spinach.
    Oh right, bit of a "doh!" moment there.

frenchie79 is offline Member
    What do you call constipated??? 1 bm every 3 days is normal for an adult.
    5'7'' 130 lbs, primal since August 2011

My journal:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread78819.html

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    Grains are basically fillers. That's why we pooped so much when we ate bread with every meal and meals consisting entirely OF bread. All that "get fiber for regularity" was really just "get fiber for bulking up your poop!"

A lot of people find they poop much less once they cut out all the breads and pastas and cereals that are so prolific in the standard diet. Your body just doesn't have as much junk to get rid of.

That's my theory anyway. :P

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchie79 View Post
    What do you call constipated??? 1 bm every 3 days is normal for an adult.
    That's not healthy or optimal by a long shot. You'll get a lot of endotoxins build up that way, as well as problems losing weight. For example, those with less rates of colon cancer go at least 2-3 times daily. Personally, I experience 5-7 bm myself. All hail the carrot.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

2ndChance is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, pooping more is definitely a good thing, as is peeing more. I'm pretty regular, 1-3 bms each morning, unless I have to wake up early or something, in which case I usually can't poop that day Just shows how important getting good sleep is to proper body function..

max219 is offline Senior Member
    I have 1-2 bms daily. It's a rare if I don't have any one day. I eat a good amount of sweet potatoes, potatoes, and fruit. I feel either a coffee or some running can really make me have to go.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast