so, I wanted to stick this info in my journal as well ...
I am 43 (gosh, everyone is so much younger !!) - I'm a mom / wife / used-to-be-a-lawyer / personal trainer(a much more positive outcome since most of the people I worked with went to prison - I was a prosecutor for 10 years !)
I am just starting here - still waiting for my book, but, after a lifetime of dieting and over 15 years of trying to find the optimum way of eating - for life -I am really excited !
I have a long / boring / arduous journey (ok, maybe too dramatic) - it is a story of a lifetime of perpetual dieting and, for the past 10 years, health issues (thanks McDougall) that I have dealt with - let's just say that I have been there/done that when it comes to popular diets and ways of eating ... I have definitely learned a lot along the way - such as
1) low-fat vegan can and will destroy your metabolism, esp combined with running ... hehe ...
2) low-fat anything is temptingly easy and for me, although I do lose weight, it seems to lead to a downward spiral into a cesspool of artificial sweetners and chemicals, outrageous sugar cravings, and general crabbiness ... not to mention reduced thyroid function, adrenal disagreements, and overall lethargy - yeah, sign me up
3) being skinny-fat is a tough row to hoe - I have been fat-ish too even while not preggo and that is no fun either - there has to be a middle ground that is do-able for LIFE (apologies to Bill Phillips but that is not the "for LIFE" that I want !)
4) Love Sally Fallon and Mary Enig but ... wanna give those ladies a chill pill and some dumbbells ... I have learned a ton from reading about Weston A Price over the years ... but... the "take no prisoners" seriousness of it and lack of fitness drove me away ... and back into the arms of refined food
5) gluten is an evil substance ! I went off gluten in early December 2008 - thanks Doc, for the Christmas present ! ... still, it has made a huge difference in the way I feel and my thyroid issues ...
6) I have done no dairy / raw dairy / fat-free dairy ... i'll keep the dairy and raise it to raw, for now
ok, enough about me - I am going to read some stuff about all of you - I have been glued to the whole site for a couple of days now and LOVE reading about all the success stories and great food ideas