Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Milk Solids B.S page 2

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I bought organic full fat plain yogurt a few weeks ago while some friends were visiting. I noticed that it had a slightly odd texture. I checked the ingredients - there was fricking corn starch added to the yogurt. WHHHHYYYYY?!?!?!?
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Kata is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkward View Post
    BAHAHAHAHAHA

I just remembered that the last time I checked this thread, the image wasn't up yet. Now I'm glad I came back.

Geeknik is offline Member
    My husband swears you can only get real yogurt from middle eastern markets. This weekend I want to visit a local dairy farm where you can take a tour and feed the baby calves before stopping in the farms store for natural milk, cream, butter, etc.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Geeknik View Post
    My husband swears you can only get real yogurt from middle eastern markets. This weekend I want to visit a local dairy farm where you can take a tour and feed the baby calves before stopping in the farms store for natural milk, cream, butter, etc.
    My local middle eastern place carries labne kefir cheese which is like Greek yogurt taken to the next level of creamy and awesome.

Geeknik is offline Member
    Yum. Labneh goes well with lamb which is often cheaper at middle eastern markets as well. And even better is a Turkish yogurt dip called Haydari. When I lived in Istanbul I would smear it on steak.

Wulf is offline Senior Member
    there's craigslist for australia now, go to your location -> for sale -> farm+garden

craigslist: australia - classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events

looks like not a lot of usage yet, but could be a source of, or a place to ask for raw products

a lot of small farms in the US list on craigslist, it's a way to directly connect people with local farmers
    Natural products super cheap @ iherb: Use discount code SEN850 at http://www.iherb.com/?rcode=sen850 for $10 off first order; free shipping $20+ order in USA

Fiveholts714 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    Everybody, please buy as much as possible straight from farmers. The quality will be higher, and grocery stores often work together to not be competitors for buying from farmers and in this way extort the farmer.
    You won't be dealing with all these stupid additives and you're helping to save the planet
    Great point! The only reason I am able to get raw dairy is because I buy it from a farm family that has a few little stores that follow WAP in my state. I'd rather give them my money. But still cannot get raw butter. I may try making my own.

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    My local middle eastern place carries labne kefir cheese which is like Greek yogurt taken to the next level of creamy and awesome.
    was thinking of you yesterday cuz i just bought labne for the first time, not in my usual hood. can't wait to try it. how do you usually eat it? "as is" or with stuff? am thinking with eggplant and lamb?
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    The reason they add milk solids is it makes it thicker. Watery yogurt isn't a big seller, and low-fat or fat free yogurt doesn't have enough milk fat not to be watery without added milk solids.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    was thinking of you yesterday cuz i just bought labne for the first time, not in my usual hood. can't wait to try it. how do you usually eat it? "as is" or with stuff? am thinking with eggplant and lamb?
    Both! straight from a spoon makes a great easy fast breakfast. It can be put in celery sticks or bell pepper slices for snackies. It also makes a great base for many sauces and can make any soup thicker and creamier.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast