Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The problem with "bread replacements"... page 2

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    That was funny.

The only Paleo bread I ever eat is called banana bread that I make myself.

lemontwisst is online now Senior Member
    Who scrubs a toilet with no gloves, then flops the sponge on the countertop after??

Oh, and that 'bread' looks ass-nasty, too...

jaczor is offline Member
    For me, one the hardest thing about going paleo was breakfast, breakfast HAS to have bread of some sort! right? but I did go paleo, quit bread cold turkey and now I realize I don't need it, if I had instead switched to a "bread substitute" I'm not sure I would have been able to maintain paleo, for me it was a complete change about the way I think about food (specially breakfast), using substitutes probably would have sabotaged my efforts in the long run.

Bread is one a of my cheat meals, if I'm going to have bread then I'm going to eat the real thing and enjoy the heck out of it.

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by jaczor View Post
    Bread is one a of my cheat meals, if I'm going to have bread then I'm going to eat the real thing and enjoy the heck out of it.
    I am the same way. For several months it was once a week, but now I am down to once or twice a month and I am perfectly satisfied with that. I will have a single serving of some really great bread and move on. We frequent a restaurant that makes amazing sweet potato rolls. If I am still hungry after a primal meal there, I may have a liberally buttered roll for dessert. The rest of the time there are so many other delicious things to eat.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12