Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Bored with my food - any suggestions? page 6

2ndChance is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Although i think overconsuming nuts and seeds is probably a bad idea, eating some almonds, cashews, pistachios or whatever occasionally because you enjoy them is no big deal.

The oldest living father, who was still fertile and making children into his 80s said that his super powers came from a diet of milk and almonds. Dude was lean and virile. I think some sources of PUFA are much more dangerous then others. Atleast nuts come prepackaged with E and a ton of minerals.
    This for sure. Huge difference between the GMO soybean oil your food gets cooked in at most restaurants and having a handful of raw almonds as a snack.

2ndChance is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I was talking to some birds and they agreed with you
    Truth. Trust the birds and squirrels.

Yana is offline Junior Member
    For a hot smoothie, try blending bananas and pumpkin puree with some hot milk, then add some cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice and/or some cocoa powder.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yana View Post
    For a hot smoothie, try blending bananas and pumpkin puree with some hot milk, then add some cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice and/or some cocoa powder.
    Amazing!! Thanks
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Jenry Hennings is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    But maybe I could try it with coconut flour! I've never seen it for sale in the UK though...
    Try a Whole Foods Market in London. High Street Kensington branch is mahoosive. I don't live in London personally, but it's worth the pilgramage!

steevennsmithh is offline Junior Member
    Puberty comes with so many physical and social changes that itís hard for any teenager not to have a bout of low self esteem. Concerns about weight, eating, and the body in general are common in both girls and boys. Eating disorders are something lots of parents worry about, and with good reason

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenry Hennings View Post
    Try a Whole Foods Market in London. High Street Kensington branch is mahoosive. I don't live in London personally, but it's worth the pilgramage!
    Thanks I don't live far from Borough food market, so I take the trip over there occasionally - haven't' looked for coconut flour but it's not unlikely they have it.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Katsuhiko the Rolfer is offline Senior Member
    eat more game

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    I may get slain for this, but Whole Foods sells nixtamalized corn tortillas under their store brand 12/$1.49. They are made out of organic non-GMO corn and nixtamalized in a limewater bath (Ingredients: corn, water, lime and THAT'S IT). Lime-treated corn is a very clean starch, they taste phenomenal...best tortillas I've ever had...and they open up limitless possibilities. Having pulled pork tacos back in my life with zero negative health impacts is wonderful. Pick up a pack of these if you have a chance. They'll un-bored you
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

upupandaway is offline Senior Member
    You can buy coconut flour in Holland and Barrett for about £7 for 500g. I bought some pre-primal and was underwhelmed by it - too heavy, needs loads of fluid and eggs (I already eat plenty of eggs) and also about £7 for 500g!

My local Chinese supermarket has several good alternative flours and non-wheat noodles, so you might want to try that, if you haven't already.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast