Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bored with my food - any suggestions? page 3

little vase is offline Senior Member
    yb, I honestly don't know about making carnitas with lamb because I don't know about the flavor of lamb - I haven't had it since I was a kid. I can't even remember what it tastes like. Would those flavors go well with lamb? I mean, as the Barefoot Contessa says....how bad could it be!

Zach is offline Banned
    Add in some corn or other grain based products. Thats adds a whole new dimension. Tacos, pancakes, wraps, sandwhiches, french toast...

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Smoothies are a good idea... this is going to sound weird, but do you ever make hot ones?!
    No, I tend to like cool and creamy in the morning. But soups are a GREAT idea.

I also love chunky salads.

I have a few versions of chicken salad- cut up chicken breast, veggies and dressings - but I use things like artichokes, asparagus, olives. I play around alot with dressings. Herb vinegarettes, creamy dressings.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I'm done with starving myself. Hunger isn't the best sauce for me.
    I'm certainly not motivated to do this myself. I just remember how good that first meal tasted.

2ndChance is offline Senior Member
    Hey, I haven't read the whole thread, but nuts and seeds definitely aren't your enemies, especially if you go for organic ones, raw ones, soak your almonds/brazil nuts if you want... (I have a weakness for roasted, salted cashews myself, even if they do trigger me to binge, I'm not worried about my weight so I don't care if I overeat once in awhile). I like to top my salads with avocado slices, salt, and flax seeds, I love pistachios... nuts bring some good nutrients to the table. Just think, in that little nut is everything it takes to grow a whole tree. Lots of magnesium, too, which is nature's muscle relaxant and helps me sleep, I find.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Add in some corn or other grain based products. Thats adds a whole new dimension. Tacos, pancakes, wraps, sandwhiches, french toast...
    Zach, I know you're going to think I'm orthorexic for saying this but - there's no way in hell I would go back to wheat products. Maybe a croissant as a treat, but honestly I don't miss bread (or feeling like sh!t physically) one bit.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndChance View Post
    Hey, I haven't read the whole thread, but nuts and seeds definitely aren't your enemies, especially if you go for organic ones, raw ones, soak your almonds/brazil nuts if you want... (I have a weakness for roasted, salted cashews myself, even if they do trigger me to binge, I'm not worried about my weight so I don't care if I overeat once in awhile). I like to top my salads with avocado slices, salt, and flax seeds, I love pistachios... nuts bring some good nutrients to the table. Just think, in that little nut is everything it takes to grow a whole tree. Lots of magnesium, too, which is nature's muscle relaxant and helps me sleep, I find.
    Unfortunately I've been brainwashed by Ray Peat to avoid PUFA as much as possible..! I can just about manage avocado...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by little vase View Post
    yb, I honestly don't know about making carnitas with lamb because I don't know about the flavor of lamb - I haven't had it since I was a kid. I can't even remember what it tastes like. Would those flavors go well with lamb? I mean, as the Barefoot Contessa says....how bad could it be!
    'like'

Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    No, I tend to like cool and creamy in the morning. But soups are a GREAT idea.

I also love chunky salads.

I have a few versions of chicken salad- cut up chicken breast, veggies and dressings - but I use things like artichokes, asparagus, olives. I play around alot with dressings. Herb vinegarettes, creamy dressings.
    nice!

- Ray Peat

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    Make nachos. Nachos are awesome.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I would just try to collect 5 or 6 recipes for each kind of meat/whatever, and then you'd only be eating that flavor profile 1x a month or six weeks. It worked well for me until DH took over cooking and now we eat the same 5 meals every week.

What also helped me was simply not eating if it wasn't appetizing. This past week, there were two dinners that didn't sound at all appetizing and one breakfast. It's the stuff that I eat all the time, but I just didn't want it. So, I skipped the meal, and then had the next one. When that meal popped up again, I opted to have it and it was delicious.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast