Thread: Soldier for a Day page

Meggilizz is offline Senior Member

Soldier for a Day

I'm going to be a soldier on Friday and I'm pretty excited!!! A friend and I are participating in this Military Spouse's Day--it's actually Thursday & Friday, but Thursday's activities include "stepping stones (making mosaic stones for your garden), basics in digital photography, jewelry making, zumba, clay pot creations, etc" Which I will be SKIPPING thankyouverymuch!!!!

Friday, we're supposed to show up on post at 0800 *naturally we'll be there at 0730* on time is late!! Then, we'll get to do PT, some kind of obstacle course and jumping out of a tower!! I'll be sporting my ACU pants and am totally excited to get dirty!!!

The only bad part is the lunch catered by Schlotsky's--a sandwich, chips, cookie. Looks like I'll be bringing some jerky or bacon in a little plastic bag hidden in my pants.
    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Where is the shooting part?

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    How fun! I've always wanted to do one of those, but haven't gotten to (the obstacle course, not the other part! I'm already craftsy, I can do that on my own time! )

Yeah... the military is famous for crap food at all of their events! LOL... I totally would love to see you rockin' the course then pulling out your real food while everybody scarfs! :-)

Have fun, and totally report back, I want to hear how it goes!!
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

AppalachianMatt is offline Senior Member
    Wish they had something like this for my wife when i was in. She would absolutely love this.
    Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. And supposing you have tried and failed again and again, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'Failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Mary Pickford

Meggilizz is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I did something similar last summer, we did clay pigeon shooting, horseback riding, canoeing, etc. No 'real' Army stuff. They haven't released the agenda for Friday, mainly b/c I think they don't want to scare people off!!! There is a disclaimer though:

an opportunity to experience a day in the life of a Soldier to include morning physical training and the jump tower! BE PREPARED TO GET DIRTY AND SWEATY – it’s definitely not a day for the physically shy!!
    I'm kinda excited to ride in the back of an Army truck and get yelled at. :P

Okay! I'm talking to my friend and she says that we will be in a shooting simulator, both laying down & in a tank!!! WOOHOOOOOOOOO!
    Last edited by Meggilizz; 05-04-2010 at 12:50 PM.
    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry