Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My only vice page

PrimalStudent is offline Senior Member

My only vice

Primal Fuel
    I eat super clean , and avoid all of the "questionable" primal foods which seem to give people trouble... i.e. dairy, fruit, nuts. It's not that I don't think they're healthy in moderation or when they're high-quality, so that's not what I'm here to debate -- it's just a personal choice to leave them out.

My one and only vice is stevia. I have about 2 teaspoons per day, and it's been keeping me away from cookies, candy, etc for quite a while now (which I consider a huge victory, since it was sugar, and not wheat or other grains, that kept throwing me off the primal bandwagon). Stevia gets a clean reputation on the forums, and Mark himself has said really good things about it. Does anyone see this as an issue?

(In case people are wondering, the stevia normally goes into green tea or sometimes a cup of almond milk at the end of the day).

Primal123 is offline Senior Member
    Depends on how it's processed a tincture of leaves ? okay. A strangely white powder? Raises too many questions for me.

I'd say if you don't see it as a problem with your blood glucose levels and appetite it's probably fine for occasional use. But that white powder in the packets scares me.

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    It's ok if you like it. sugar, honey, molasses, and maple syrup are better, IMO.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

PrimalStudent is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    It's ok if you like it. sugar, honey, molasses, and maple syrup are better, IMO.
    better taste-wise? I would agree with that I have those on occasion, too

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Better for you too. Stevia has the texture of dandruff, so very unpalatable.
    nihil

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalStudent View Post
    My one and only vice is stevia. I have about 2 teaspoons per day, and it's been keeping me away from cookies, candy, etc for quite a while now (which I consider a huge victory, since it was sugar, and not wheat or other grains, that kept throwing me off the primal bandwagon). Stevia gets a clean reputation on the forums, and Mark himself has said really good things about it. Does anyone see this as an issue?
    Stevia is great for "enhancing" ordinary table sugar - have you ever tried to blend them? Here where I live they sell a sugar-Stevia mixture that I find much better and sweeter than plain sugar, so I haven't used ordinary sugar for years now...

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Better for you too. Stevia has the texture of dandruff, so very unpalatable.
    This. And the aftertaste. I just can't convince myself it's as good as real sweeteners, lol.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Be careful .. a lot of powdered stevia has added questionable ingredients. Look carefully. I use sweet Leaf stevia - only ingredients are ground stevia leafs and fiber. A lot of stevia has questionable additives (like dextrose) so if you do eat stevia be careful of the additives.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    No issue at all, definitely a non-issue.

otzi Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Have you guys seen the new stuff in the orange packets? Nectresse, made from the monk fruit. It's a lot better than stevia, imo.

NECTRESSE What do you think--Primal?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast