Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My only vice page 2

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    Have you guys seen the new stuff in the orange packets? Nectresse, made from the monk fruit. It's a lot better than stevia, imo.

NECTRESSE What do you think--Primal?
    I bought some. I think it's mostly erythritol. Not sure if I like it. I find most artificial sweeteners have an unpalatable aftertaste.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    This. And the aftertaste. I just can't convince myself it's as good as real sweeteners, lol.
    Oh good lord, yes, the blasted aftertaste. It's like swallowing mouthwash chased down with bitter licorice and kale. Absolutely disgusting.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

PrimalStudent is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mandypandy2246 View Post
    Be careful .. a lot of powdered stevia has added questionable ingredients. Look carefully. I use sweet Leaf stevia - only ingredients are ground stevia leafs and fiber. A lot of stevia has questionable additives (like dextrose) so if you do eat stevia be careful of the additives.
    Yeah I'm pretty careful with that. the only thing in mine is erythritol, a sugar alcohol with low blood sugar impact.

In regards to the taste, I actually really really like the taste of stevia, so that's a non-issue for me. Thanks for your input everyone!

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Why are you trying to keep your blood sugar low?
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

0Angel0 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Oh good lord, yes, the blasted aftertaste. It's like swallowing mouthwash chased down with bitter licorice and kale. Absolutely disgusting.
    Agreed! Stevia is nasty but if I could stand the taste I'd use it. I've tried so many brands and end up pawning them off on family, friends, and coworkers. Even if they don't use it at least it takes up their cabinet space instead of mine. Licorice is one of the few tastes I can't stand so that's probably why.

I think Xylitol and Erythritol are fine as sweeteners. Honey and maple syrup may be Paleo, and freakin' delicious, but if they're not good for some people's blood sugar and hormones then they're just not not healthy for some people. Paleo or not.

Traveller is offline Senior Member
    2 teaspoons?!
    A pinch of stevia is equal to a teaspoon of honey, for me.
    Perhaps try gradually lessening the amount you use.

Quote Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
    2 teaspoons?!
    A pinch of stevia is equal to a teaspoon of honey, for me.
    Perhaps try gradually lessening the amount you use.
    Oh sorry, I should've been more clear... I use Truvia brand, which is mostly erythritol (the sugar alcohol) with a relatively small amount of stevia in it. So I should've said I have roughly two teaspoons of Truvia per day (probably comes out to less than half a teaspoon of actual stevia)

peril is offline Senior Member
    How is drinking almond milk avoiding nuts?
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    How is drinking almond milk avoiding nuts?
    Because a cup of almond milk is probably the equivalent of one tablespoon of almonds. And it's REALLY rare... like maybe twice a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Cierra View Post
    What else do you eat in a typical day? Not trying to disregard your question, because you're being so perfectly Primal, and I'm impressed. You just look great in your profile picture, and I'd like to know just what works for you!

As for the stevia thing, I use way too much of it and it causes me to crave sweet things all the time. Still can't kick the habit, but since you don't seem to be having any cravings in relation to the consumption of stevia, then I'd say that you're golden!
    Thanks for the compliment! My day is usually two meals: one protein shake (egg white protein) which keeps me going all day, and then a meat and veg dinner.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast