Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open

View Poll Results: How much butter do you eat in a day (on average)?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 tablespon or less

35 46.67%
  • 2 tablespoons

23 30.67%
  • 3 tablespoon

10 13.33%
  • 4 tablespoons

4 5.33%
  • 5 tablespoons

1 1.33%
  • 6 tablespoons

1 1.33%
  • 7 tablespoons

0 0%
  • A stick or more

1 1.33%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Butter - How much do you eat in a day?

Hybrid View

Butter - How much do you eat in a day?

Just wondering.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

My family probably goes through 1kg in a week. I guess I'm responsible for about a third of that.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

0-1 tablespoon, unless I am baking.

None, currently.

I've been having a coconut oil and lard phase for my cooking fats as of late.

But that's all they are to me anyway. I don't do the bulletproof coffee/tea thing, never have. Don't eat them straight either, even though I'm sure it's yummy.

I prefer my eggs cooked in coconut oil to butter by FAR. On the other hand though, when it comes to a nice steak, butter takes the win. I'm picky like that.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    None, currently.

I've been having a coconut oil and lard phase for my cooking fats as of late.

But that's all they are to me anyway. I don't do the bulletproof coffee/tea thing, never have. Don't eat them straight either, even though I'm sure it's yummy.

I prefer my eggs cooked in coconut oil to butter by FAR. On the other hand though, when it comes to a nice steak, butter takes the win. I'm picky like that.
    I go through phases like that too. Sometimes the lard just appeals, sometimes it's the CO, sometimes the butter. In general I like CO for cooking seafood, butter for my eggs, and lard for meats.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I go through phases like that too. Sometimes the lard just appeals, sometimes it's the CO, sometimes the butter. In general I like CO for cooking seafood, butter for my eggs, and lard for meats.
    I think of the three, coconut oil just imparts the most flavor. This makes it a wonderful compliment to the things that soak up more of the flavor from the fats like eggs and the very lean seafoods like shrimp and scallops, etc.

Butter has a wonderful flavor on its own, but I wouldn't say it is as strong as coconut oil which makes it great for things like steak and other meats where you want the flavor to be primarily the meat you are cooking, with maybe only accents of the butter.

Lard is somewhere in between. It can be great for meats or eggs, and it's certainly my go-to for cooking leaner cuts of pork such as pork chops for obvious reasons I shouldn't need to explain.

Timthetaco Guest
    Very close to none. It's not a food group, god damnit.

None.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Four basic food groups: Sweet, salty, crunchy, and creamy.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Anywhere from 0-2 tablespoons.