View Poll Results: How much butter do you eat in a day (on average)?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 tablespon or less

35 46.67%
  • 2 tablespoons

23 30.67%
  • 3 tablespoon

10 13.33%
  • 4 tablespoons

4 5.33%
  • 5 tablespoons

1 1.33%
  • 6 tablespoons

1 1.33%
  • 7 tablespoons

0 0%
  • A stick or more

1 1.33%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Butter - How much do you eat in a day? page 3

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    I don't use butter or oils, not even for cooking! I get more than enough fat even from the leaner cuts of meat, chicken and fish, so I see no reason to add anything! I can eat a lot more healthy food by dropping the butter and oils. Well, I usually take a tablespoon of cod liver oil, but that should be all at the moment...
    Well lucky you, being able to thrive while leading a fat-free existence. You can get your fat from fat-free chicken breasts and tuna, I guess. You choke your dry tuna and boiled chicken breasts down without mayonnaise or fat-bearing sauces, right? I'll know you by your dry, cracked skin.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Well lucky you, being able to thrive while leading a fat-free existence. You can get your fat from fat-free chicken breasts and tuna, I guess. You choke your dry tuna and boiled chicken breasts down without mayonnaise or fat-bearing sauces, right? I'll know you by your dry, cracked skin.
    Heh, a very strange comment ekatherine, but I suppose that you are not aware how much fat there really is in food even without adding anything? Chicken, sardines, salmon, beef, cheese etc. So I still get more than 20% of my calories from fat most of the days, so no need of supplementing with butter or oils since I don't find added fat very tasty or interesting. I will eat more fat if I need to get more lard on my body, but Hey! - here where I live I prefer to stay cool and keep my body lean...

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    I'll always champion butter, but I really don't run through much of it. I just tend to choose the fattiest cuts of meat available and make use of their fats. I save the skimmed fat from bone broth, let bacon fat sit on the griddle for eggs, make crock pot meals, skillet stir fry with 75/25 ground beef..... when you choose good fatty cuts of meat its easy to make good use of their inherent fats. I easily get about 60% of my calories from fat without ever having to add a drop if I wish. That said, butter is awesome and I use it liberally on other tasteless items like tators or veggies if I am perhaps reheating a meal or something where I don't have endogenous fat to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Heh, a very strange comment ekatherine, but I suppose that you are not aware how much fat there really is in food even without adding anything? Chicken, sardines, salmon, beef, cheese etc. So I still get more than 20% of my calories from fat most of the days, so no need of supplementing with butter or oils since I don't find added fat very tasty or interesting. I will eat more fat if I need to get more lard on my body, but Hey! - here where I live I prefer to stay cool and keep my body lean...
    Cheese doesn't count as a "leaner cut of meat". Nor are sardines or salmon "lean" fish. Truth is that if you ate the way you originally stated you did, you wouldn't be getting enough fat. Probably you intended to change the foods you listed, eh?

Cheese doesn't count as a "leaner cut of meat". Nor are sardines or salmon "lean" fish. Truth is that if you ate the way you originally stated you did, you wouldn't be getting enough fat. Probably you intended to change the foods you listed, eh?
    What are you babbeling about, maybe you need some more carbs to feed your brain so you can fully understand what you are reading? In my first post I wrote:

"I get more than enough fat even from the leaner cuts of meat, chicken and fish, so I see no reason to add anything!"

Yes, "leaner cuts of meat" contain fat as well, and in the case of "chicken and fish" I did not say anything about fat contents! I also eat some cheese so I get more than enough fat...

Sure. You got caught, and then you changed it to add fatty meat, fish, and dairy. At least I know how to spell "babble".

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    I cook with it liberally, and nibble on it *occasionally*. I'm going to estimate an average of between 1-2 tbsp per day from all sources.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

grokgramma is offline Member
    About the only thing I use butter for is sauteeing mushrooms to put on top of a steak. I use olive oil for everything else.

Sure. You got caught, and then you changed it to add fatty meat, fish, and dairy. At least I know how to spell "babble".
    Holy Grok! - you are either smoking something nasty - or you are a Troll - or maybe BOTH! In either case I am out of here...

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have a great source for butter from grass fed cows that has astonishing little milk solids in it. Still I don't usually eat more than a tablespoon a day. I try to get most of my fat from whole foods, so meat, avocado, eggs, stuff like that. I also really like the flavor of coconut oil, so I'm just as likely to use that when cooking.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast