Thread: Too much liver? page

miata is offline Senior Member

Too much liver?

Primal Fuel
    Can you have too much beef liver?

I just found out that a store in my neighborhood is selling grass feed beef liver for $2.99. I was eating about a half pound a week, but at these prices I'm wondering if I should double it to save money and get even more copper, vitamin A, folate, choline, etc. Would I be missing on other micronutrients that I would otherwise be getting in hamburger meat?

I also eat quite a bit of grass fed hamburger meat which is $5.99 a pound now. I also have 3 range-free eggs every morning, 2-3 servings of wild fish, and lamb 4-5 times a week.

Paleobird Guest
    That sounds like a great variety. My opinion is that it is just about impossible to overdo eating liver unless you are taking supplements for any of those nutrients. As long as you are just eating liver, your body will tell you when its had enough long before you will reach toxic levels.

miata is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    That sounds like a great variety. My opinion is that it is just about impossible to overdo eating liver unless you are taking supplements for any of those nutrients. As long as you are just eating liver, your body will tell you when its had enough long before you will reach toxic levels.
    Good point on the supplements. I can probably stop the copper all together if I go to a pound a week of liver.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Increasing Vit A increases your need for Vit D. Chris Masterjohn has written a bit on this
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    buy a bunch while it's on sale, portion and freeze. you don't need to eat liver everyday.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

jackson44 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I eat a little everday