Thread: What is your fitness score? page

canuck416 is offline Senior Member

What is your fitness score?

Here's a great all around fitness test that helps you assess your current fitness level and set realistic goals. I scored 778. How about you? Remember the test is primarily meant as a baseline against which to measure your own personal improvement.

The realFIT Score - the Standard for Fitness ™
    Last edited by canuck416; 03-22-2013 at 07:18 PM.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    How does one take these tests without being part of a college community that has facilities like this at hand and free to the general public?

Apparently women and men are scored on the same scale. Why would a woman even bother?

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    It looks pretty comprehensive, but I don't even know most of my stats for those, and I don't know how motivated I am to bother finding out.

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    How does one take these tests without being part of a college community that has facilities like this at hand and free to the general public?

Apparently women and men are scored on the same scale. Why would a woman even bother?
    You can do the outdoor tests anywhere, I suggest a high school track. The weight lifting tests will require a gym. You can do them over several days. When you register you indicate your age and whether you are male of female, the scoring as of yet is not adjusted based on these parameters, I have written and questioned why not. I will post their answer. (I am thinking they may do this as they collect more data points). Keep in mind these tests are meant to provide a baseline against which to measure improvement.

Here's a link to the FAQs - http://www.realfitscore.com/faqs.php
    Last edited by canuck416; 03-22-2013 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jfreaksho View Post
    It looks pretty comprehensive, but I don't even know most of my stats for those, and I don't know how motivated I am to bother finding out.
    It does seem to require some effort, however I spread the tests out over a week to fit them into my schedule and it did not seem like a big deal, it was fun.
    Last edited by canuck416; 03-22-2013 at 08:18 PM.

Coach Palfrey is offline Senior Member
    I am all for anything that gets people active and challenges are a great way to do this. The proportional weighting on these tests is terrible though - a 4:00 minute wall sit and plank is equal to a 900lb squat? I think the researchers need to look at this a little more closely.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Palfrey View Post
    I am all for anything that gets people active and challenges are a great way to do this. The proportional weighting on these tests is terrible though - a 4:00 minute wall sit and plank is equal to a 900lb squat? I think the researchers need to look at this a little more closely.
    Agreed, my biggest complaint (since I'm 60) is that it doesn't appear to take age into consideration. I do like the idea of creating a good all around fitness test, with some tweeking it may well evolve into a good test. I think what is does fairly well is create some bench marks for goal setting.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I can imagine a fitness test. But this seems to be mostly a test for people who used to do track and field. Some of these things I haven't done except maybe once or twice in junior high. And the facilities, let's just say the local high school doesn't provide these services to the public.