Thread: Prolonged exercise and meals? page

BlueGlaucus is offline Junior Member

Prolonged exercise and meals?

Primal Fuel
    Recently started long distance walking/hiking, in preparation on for 50k walk later this year and Kilimanjaro next year.

Currently walking around 11-14miles in one go and extending this slowly, but what I really want some advice on is eating, is there anything I should be eating due to the prolonged times, burning an estimated 2000 calories.

The other thing I generally do two meals a day, I handle it far better feeling full and having less but bigger meals, rather than eating regularly like so many people.

I also do shift work and often do unintentional fasting, today only eat when I got back from an 11mile walk, before that it had been best part of 22hrs before eating. Despite felling great and not feeling deprived of energy or light headed or anything, I can't help but think this is bad, is it?

I did have a look around the site/forum, but couldn't see much.

Marinas Florin is offline Senior Member
    No, if you feel great than it's alright. You can fast up to 72 hours and not even lose muscle mass (being that you train properly). IF is pretty much safe
    No Bull fat loss and muscle gaining at http://www.nobsbb.com

I am not a bodybuilding/fat loss/strength training "guru" BUT I achieved a lean state with ease after learning the correct way to train and eat and I want to HELP YOU achieve the same.

Lose Weight/Gain Muscle/Strength - FEEL BETTER

Start here: http://www.nobsbb.com/new-start-here/

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    No problem. On the long walks, e.g. 50K, take some easy carbs in case you need them. Most of the products for endurance athletes are fairly clean. Try some foods on walks before the long events to make sure they go down well.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

My MDA Friday success story - Stubborn Senior's Testimonial

BlueGlaucus is offline Junior Member
    Thanks guys, that's good to know.

diene is offline Senior Member
    How do you burn 2,000 calories by walking 11-14 miles? Are you walking uphill?

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    That's not a lot of miles. You could have lunch or a snack part way through if you are hungry or you could hike the whole 14 miles without eating and just eat big later. Of course, if you start doing 11-14 miles daily you're going to start getting hungry.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs