Thread: Journey back to sanity page

FireFinder is offline Senior Member

Journey back to sanity

Shop Now
    I have eaten primally, on and off, for years. I started by eliminating grains/sugars b/c they made me feel shitty and my athletic performance improved, without ever having heard of "primal". The ups and downs of life, fast forward 5 or so years and I need to rediscover the health, energy and peace that comes with eating well.

I am an emotional eater. I get lonely, sad, bored and find myself eating crap.

I want to refine my diet- I seem to have so many food intolerances that when I stray from eating primally, I feel the effects big time.

So, my aim is to eat lots of veg, fruit, meat, eggs, fish, potatoes when my activity level requires them. I'd like to enjoy wine in moderation and a bit of raw cheese (b/c really, how can I not eat ANY cheese??). But grains, other dairy, and sugar must go. I am deteriorating mentally, and I need to tighten things up. Give me an inch and I'll take a mile.

So, I guess that's it. Not terribly exciting, but I thought I'd keep myself accountable here.

Wish me luck!

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! Here's wishing you good luck on Primal!
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Best wishes. It does help to have a strong healthy body and good mindset when facing those emotional times.

Traveller is offline Senior Member
    Good luck, Firefinder!

FireFinder is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Ok, so far so good. Despite big family gathering yesterday, kept it to cauliflower soup (made w/ a bit of heavy cream) and dinner of pork roast w/ salad. Some good cheese and wine to start. So not bad, feeling inspired. Keep it going!