Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lisa's Long boring journey page

LisaLS is offline Senior Member

Thumbs up Lisa's Long boring journey

Primal Fuel
    Where to start....
    I'll try to keep this short since I tend to ramble on a bit. Which necessarily wouldn't be a problem for someone that had any skill in writing... but that's not me. I totally suck at it.
    So here goes...

I'm 33 (good lord where has the time gone?), married to my best friend and we just had our first child this past August after trying to get pregnant for 3 very long years.

I have PCOS, hypothyroidism, insulin resistant and who the hell knows what else. I'm fairly certain I have some food sensitivities (eggs, mushrooms, & spicy peppers... basically everything I LOVE )

At my heaviest, I weighed in at 250lbs in 2008. That's on a 5'1" frame. Yikes.
    Because of my insulin resistance, I was put on metformin and while it caused some rather unpleasant bathroom issues, it did help me lose weight. And being diagnosed with hypothyroidism and getting put on synthroid helped with actually keeping me awake long enough to do anything.

Fastforward and 2 years ago, my husband and I tried primal living. I was at 213 at this point. We did a strict 30 days. I lost 8lbs and he lost around 12. AWESOME!
    With a loose primal lifestyle (mostly just diet for myself)... I managed to get down to 189 at my lowest.
    November 2011.... I found out I was pregnant! Naturally!!! I did gain back a little bit of weight before falling pregnant, but holy crap... after 3 years of fertility treatments, 4 chemical pregnancies, and only 2.. yes, TWO natural cycles... I fell pregnant on that 2nd one! WOO!

9 months later, we welcomed out little miracle in to this world. After the swelling went down, I was 193lbs! WOO! Yeah, that's until I started stuffing my face with easy crap foods and giving in to every single sugar craving I had.
    Obviously I regret it now since it has resulted in me getting back up to 217lbs (as of today). BLEH!

Anyway, so here I am, again!
    We want more children and well, that's just not going to happen if I remain this large, so I need to get myself healthy and lose some weight. Fatness is causing my infertility and that is just not acceptable.

I've joined sparkpeople to mostly keep track of my carb intake. Other than Friday dinners (for now), every other day will be trying to keep carbs under or around 60g a day. I'm eating like I did when I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes pretty much... oh yeah, and I had gestational diabetes
    I have also started exercising. Playing the game Just Dance for some fun light cardio, and doing strength stuff every other day.

And yeah, we'll see what happens. Putting in my info in sparkpeople, losing 2lbs a week, I could potentially be at my set goal of 150lbs by November of this year. NICE. I'll aim for that but hope that I get pregnant again around the 170-160 mark
    DD born August 2012
    TTC #2
    SW: 1/20/14- 212.4
    CW: 2/21/14- 202.6 (9.8 loss)
    Goal: Short term, get below 200 and get pregnant. Long term, get to 120-130
    Mini goal, get in to a size 12.

My boring uneventful journal for your viewing pleasure

Alrighty...

No exercise today boo

Food

Breakfast:
    Egg drop soup - 6 (yes 6) farm fresh eggs, 1.5c beef broth

Lunch: 4oz leftover pan fried in coconut oil boneless skinless chicken breasts w/ 1.5tbs ranch dressing

Snack: 4 hard boiled eggs

Dinner: IHoP, Colorado Omelette w/ 3 Chocolate Chocolate Chip Pancakes w/ 1tbs Butter Pecan Syrup.

Oh dinner was so so bad with the pancakes but it's my only cheat for the week and it was F-ing delicious. Other weeks will of course have better picks just depending on where the family decides they want to go.
    And good lord, I ate a LOT of eggs today!!! Remember when I said I have a sensitivity to them? I'm sure that will catch up with me later. I can't help it though, I frickin love eggs! And since we get them from my husband's parents who have free roaming chickens... it can't get any better than that.
    Honestly they don't taste any different than store bought to me, but I know they're much healthier.

I probably shouldn't be cheating at all, but this way of eating has to be long term and it's just easier to say F- it on Friday family night dinners.

According to sparkpeople, today's carb count is 153. Ouch! Anywho, next week's Friday night dinner shouldn't be this bad. *nodnod*

Feels like I'm forgetting something... meh. If I think of it, I'll post it but it probably wasn't anything important.
    DD born August 2012
    TTC #2

Hmm, guess I should do a bit more About me?

I'm a hobby artist. For the last oh... 10 years I haven't really been able to complete a drawing, but I've been getting in to crafts. Fairly recently, I FINALLY learned how to crochet! YAY! Been making hats and whatnot all over the place.
    Have 3 mutts and a mutt cat.
    4 fish tanks
    A garden outside that needs to be weeded. Can't frickin wait to grow some stuff in it!! I'm a total hobbit. I love watching the plants grow! And bonus, eating what I've grown!

We always grow our own cucumbers. Fresh picked cucumbers are just F-ing amazing! None of that nasty waxy crap you get at the store that barely has a flavor.
    Also was thinking about doing cherry tomatoes again. Had great success growing that last year.

Other than that... *shrugs*
    We don't have a lot of room in the gardens so it would have to be something a bit compact and something preferably easy and low maintenance

We tried zucchini, but damn squash bugs killed the plants last year.

*shrugs* Was thinking some kind of pepper plant. They're usually really easy and produce a ton of peppers. Lots more than we would ever use. Love sending DH off to work with a bag full of stuff to give to his coworkers heh.
    Hmmm, think I'm going to have to get my DH to clear off another spot for some smaller items. Like radishes, garlic, maybe carrots OOO I love gardening if you couldn't tell yet!

We also bought a few blueberry bushes and raspberry bushes last year. It will be interesting to see if they produce anything. That's if the birds don't eat everything first.

OO I found photos from last year!

Cucumber plants.

And this one had various types of tomato and the dying zucchinis

And the back of the backyard fence where the berry bushes are

Once things get cleaned up and start growing I'll get more photos.
    DD born August 2012
    TTC #2

Traveller is offline Senior Member
    Hi Lisa!

just wanted to say hi, and good luck!

Your garden looks so cool!

Traveller.

Hi! And thanks

DH takes the credit for making the garden look nice. I just planted the seeds heh.

Anywho... so yesterday (Saturday) was also a cheat dinner. The inlaws came over to use the tax program and after they were done we all went out for some Mexican.
    *shrugs*
    There are going to be weeks like this so I'm not going to worry about it. Just gotta make sure I make the next 5 days really count w/ diet and exercise.

I think we're going out this Sunday w/ family b/c of Easter. And then next week there is a wedding so yeah... these next few weekends aren't going to be diet friendly :P

Things have been going sorta well. We're poor primals. We can't afford grassfed anything. Hell, we're lucky to be able to afford anything actually. And we are very lucky that we get our eggs from DH's parents or else that would be another $10 to tack on to our already large grocery bill. The only one that does eat organic is our daughter :P
    She gets organic formula (I stopped pumping for her when she was 4m old. Pumping sucks... now I know what it feels like to be a cow), and since she started solids, all of her veggies and fruits have been organic as well. She eats better than we do lol.

So yeah, bought some breakfast sausage today. I know I know.. it's not the best but it's gotta be better than toast, grits, and all of those wheats and grains.
    Maybe one day we'll be able to make our own sausage. OOO I bet it would be delicious too. I'll have to do some research on that to see just what we would need.

Anywho, feeling good. Hopefully the outside will start reflecting how I'm feeling inside.
    DD born August 2012
    TTC #2

What the hell am I doing that my body feels the need to retain SO much water??
    Maybe it's the 2 cheat weekend that's screwing me all up.
    I need to stop weighing myself so often too. I'm addicted to it even though the battery in the scale has been dying for the past 3 months now. I step on it until it finally comes on. It's sad really.

Or maybe it's the lack of good sleep? Sleep is so important but how the hell is a parent w/ a baby (or any child that wakes up during the night that you have to tend to) supposed to get any kind of quality sleep??
    I shouldn't complain, I usually only have to get up once, maybe twice during the night to check on our baby girl, but it still leaves me feeling so drained in the morning. Especially since I'm on HER clock and not my own any longer.

Today was a good food day.
    Had some pork & chicken breakfast sausage, hot sopressata w/ mustard for breakfast.
    Brunch b/c I was hungry, I fixed some egg drop soup. Chicken broth w/ 4 eggs.
    And dinner was bakes split chicken breasts w/ butter & hot sauce w/ a romaine lettuce salad w/ kale, tomato, broccoli, & avocado. Oh and ranch dressing.
    Yep, we don't make our own condiments either. Making things from scratch would be best of course, but we need items that will keep and well, homemade stuff usually doesn't.

Anywho, little more about myself. I'm a nerd without the smarts. I used to play video games, but since most 'good' games are first person shooters.. I've stopped. I always get so frazzled and spaztic and end up using all of my ammo in those types of games lol.
    I love reading, fantasy, sc-fi, horror. Right now I'm loving zombie books. Honestly can't remember the last time I read a book that didn't have a zombie in it.
    Love watching movies and some tv.
    Basically, I love everything you can do while being totally and completely relaxed and lazy! Too bad being relaxed and lazy and a giant couch potato loses you weight!
    DD born August 2012
    TTC #2

Today was a pretty decent food day.
    Had some A LOT of sausage for lunch. I skipped breakfast since I went out to buy a dress (more on that in a bit).
    It was store bought sausage so not the best, but still not too bad. Better than what I would've done which is go to Chick Fil A or some other place and gotten a breakfast biscuit w/ some greasy hash browns/rounds.

And dinner was pan fried in coconut oil pork chops w/ a salad and green beans.
    Yummy! Well, yummy for me, my husband doesn't particularly care for pork chops but tough dookie.. they were on sale!

Don't think I've eaten nearly enough. I've had plenty of fat today thanks to the sausage and the meat and oil at dinner, but I put in all of the info in sparkpeople and it says I've only had 9 carbs today!!! Yikes. I wanted to go low, but that low seems a bit too much?

I've been craving sweets like crazy though. Hoping it's my body trying to get me to eat some carbs, but will eventually (soon, please soon!) give up and start burning off this fat!
    I have been using those water sweeteners though. Yes, artificial sweeteners are evil, but *shrugs* this is all a transition. Maybe one day I'll be happy with just plain old water ALL the time.

Anywho, back to that dress. Going to church this Sunday for Easter and then we have a wedding the next weekend.
    Sigh, I hate my body shape. All fat in the front and small boobs. Buying ANY kind of girly top is a PITA. I can't get plus size crap b/c all of that is for BUSTY plus size women. Genetics and bad food did not give me big boobs damnit!
    So yeah, it's very difficult finding anything that looks decent on me without making me look like I'm too pregnant *grumble*
    I'll have to suck in a little when wearing the dress I bought, but whatever.. I'm used to it.
    Hopefully later this year I'll be able to wear what I want without sucking anything in.
    DD born August 2012
    TTC #2

Mitch is offline Junior Member
    If you eat carbs too often is is difficult to get and stay in fat-burning mode. Once you get to where you don't "cheat", the weight will drop and drop. But when you slip it can take a couple of weeks to get dialed back in.

Thanks Mitch.
    I know that I would lose quicker if we didn't 'cheat'. And most weeks will only be Friday dinner.
    There is this weekend, next weekend, and a weekend in April? May? that will be 2 cheats during the week.
    Still not terrible IMO. But other than that, it should be just the one and hopefully just that one meal won't cause my body to try to hold on to the fat.
    We'll see how it goes. If I'm not losing anything after only cheating once a week... then I'll know that I'm gonna have to get more strict during those dinners.

So lets see.... I started back on the Primal path a week ago... well, seriously back on a week ago.
    And I'm already down SIX pounds!! What???
    Now I know most of that is water weight but still... GEEZE.
    Too bad it can't be like that every week lol.

While I can't wait for my belly fat to go away, I'm so looking forward to one day looking in the mirror and only seeing ONE chin and a jawline! lol
    DD born August 2012
    TTC #2

PrimalCon New York
    Alrighty, food today...

About 8-10oz of left over pork chops (YUM)
    And I made some chicken veggie stew for dinner. It was made up of... beef broth, salt, pepper, rosemary, 2 cans of diced tomato, 1 can of no salt added green beans, 4 large carrots, 1 onion, 5 garlic chopped, celery, 2 chicken breasts.
    Chicken was dry b/c I overcooked it a bit, but meh, the veggies and broth were delicious!

Calorie count for today is kinda low again. Going to treat myself with a piece of fruit or a cup of coffee tonight. Can't wait!
    DD born August 2012
    TTC #2

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast