Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lisa's Long boring journey page 3

LisaLS is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yesterday was pretty good.
    I did have some hunger issues that I'm sure were caused by the bad foods eaten this past weekend. But I overcame and yep...

I weigh in tomorrow. Interested to see what my weight is at.
    Really need to start exercising on a more regular basis again. It's just SO difficult to get motivated to do it after taking care of our baby girl. All I want to do is relax and take it easy, not get sweaty and not be able to take a shower right after.
    Gonna have to figure something out.
    DD born August 2012
    TTC #2
    SW: 1/20/14- 212.4
    CW: 2/21/14- 202.6 (9.8 loss)
    Goal: Short term, get below 200 and get pregnant. Long term, get to 120-130
    Mini goal, get in to a size 12.

My boring uneventful journal for your viewing pleasure

Daughter is down for a nap so I have a few minutes to myself.

Had some jalapeno chicken sausage for breakfast and will have some for lunch in a moment. So yummy, but I really need to learn how to make my own homemade stuff.
    While overall, I don't have a problem buying premade things, I know it would be better if I made everything myself. That way I would know exactly what was going in to it *nodnod*
    I think I'll try that with breakfast sausage soon. I remember seeing a post about that a while ago.
    DD born August 2012
    TTC #2

Lets see.... other than the sausages... for dinner I made flat iron? steak w/ green beans and a salad.
    Marinated the steak in sesame oil, soy sauce (I know), 2tbs honey, garlic, onion powder.
    I think next time, just 1tbs of honey would be enough... or none. I thought we had some of the tamari(sp?) soy sauce, but nope. We must've run out of it a while ago.

Slightly higher carb day but not by too much.

We went walking before dinner. NIce day out and DH wanted to take a walk. It was pretty nice. We live in a decent neighborhood surrounded by small lakes so it was just nice and quiet.

I'm naturally a slow walker though. If I go at someone elses normal pace, it feels like I'm jogging. DH always picks on me b/c I walk so slow heh. I don't ever think I'll be a jogger or runner. If there are ever running zombies... I might as well just lay down and die b/c there would be no point in me even trying lol.
    DD born August 2012
    TTC #2

So, weigh in today and *drumroll*

That is down a pound from last wednesday and makes it 7lbs total.
    Not too shabby!

Ok so this weekend is a wedding. Next weekend I think we finally have nothing special to do so that should be a good week.
    And then the week after that, we have a family reunion that we'll be forced to attend. Can't remember when that birthday party is. It's either the end of this month or next month some time.

I swear, it's usually not like this. We're very boring & content people and usually have nothing to do during the weekends.

Alrighty, gotta get daughter and myself dressed and head to the store really quick.
    DH has his guy's night tonight and I need to find myself something to eat. My chance to eat whatever I want (within the diet of course).
    DD born August 2012
    TTC #2

So, I made myself a creamy oyster stew/chowder whatever you want to call it tonight.
    Spent a lot on those dang oysters too.

Anywho, meh, it wasn't bad. Used heavy whipping cream, celery, garlic, onion, butter, salt, pepper, parsely.
    I dunno.... I think I like clam chowder better. When I've made that, the flavor is a lot better and more savory. This just didn't have the flavor I wanted.
    It wasn't bad though and I made a TON of it, so have plenty of leftovers for whenever.

And yeah, really nothing else to say. As the title of this journal says... it's boring :P lol
    I sometimes wish I were a bit more interesting, but meh... I do enjoy my quiet life... other than being fat
    DD born August 2012
    TTC #2

UGH... last night was terrible.
    Baby girl decided it was time to wake up at 11:30, and not go back to sleep until 1:10.
    THEN, I guess oysters do not agree with me, b/c as soon as I laid down, I got indigestion and eventually had about 3 trips to the bathroom.
    So.. yeah... that all sucked
    DD born August 2012
    TTC #2

Welp, today was interesting. As from my previous post.
    It didn't start off too well w/ getting so little sleep.
    While baby girl was having her bottle, I came on to check email and see that I won a spur of the moment contest I entered! WOOOO!!
    That really helped my mood

Went and visited my mom a little later. She is Korean and does NOT understand the whole "no rice" thing lol. She asked if I was dieting still and asked...
    "So no rice?"
    "Nope, no rice."
    " BAH, just a little is ok."
    " Nope, not even a little right now."

An hour later....
    "You hungry? I can fix some rice."
    /facepalm

What can I say, she is set in her ways. 65? 64? years old and she looks great. Almost all of her food is made from scratch. Rarely eats processed crap.
    I'm sure a primal person would LOVE her fridge full of fresh caught fish, blue crab, meat meat and more meat, kimchi, radish kimchi (which I got some from her today, woo!), etc etc. Frickin love Korean side dishes, but unfortunatly, a lot of them are soy, or have sugar in them. They sure are great with rice.

Anywho!!!

I fixed bone in chicken breast again today. Baked with a stick of butter and hot sauce poured over. For some reason cooking the hotsauce doesn't bother my stomach as much. Yay. AND it makes the delicious buttery juices on the bottom well... delicious
    Also had a salad w/ avocado.

I was still hungry after dinner though. Don't think it was enough to eat (it usually is though).
    So I snacked on some pork rinds and that seemed to do the trick.

I may add in some yogurt to help w/ my gut problems. Or just take some kind of probiotic. We'll see.
    DD born August 2012
    TTC #2

I love the Friday success stories, but an ugly side eeks out of me sometimes.

While reading them is really inspires... it kind of gets me unmotivated b/c I get so unsure of myself.
    I look at the amazing results some of these people have and wonder if I'll ever get there. I always feel like my journey is going to take such a long time b/c of the other health issues I have and it just sucks and is so discouraging.
    I get jealous of other people's weight loss success. Logically, I know that it probably took most of them a while to lose weight, but my jealousy doesn't want to see that.
    Just something else I need to work on and I am.
    DD born August 2012
    TTC #2

Alrighty, so... after making myself a big steaming bowl of egg drop soup. I'm eating it and see this long thin yellowish thing.
    It's probably just the yolk since it wasn't cooked through so it was still runny, BUT, I am not risking it and eating anymore b/c the yellow thing looks like a damn parasitic round worm.
    HARF!!!!
    I have a really bad paranoia of parasitic worms and if it looks like it.... byebye appetite.

Like I said, I'm sure it probably is just the runny yolk that ran off and cooked like that, but just no.... no.
    DD born August 2012
    TTC #2

MIA for a little bit.
    So this weekend was screwed!
    Hell, the remaining weekends in April are for that matter. We have something planned for every single weekend and ALL of them involve food. SIGH!
    Oh well. Gotta live life and do my best on the other days

We got our garden done today! WOO! No extra mini garden, that will have to wait another year, but we have

Purple bell pepper
    Orange bell pepper
    4 jalapeno
    multiple garlic
    multiple onion
    I think 3? Different types of cucumber
    cherry tomato
    tomatillo
    And 2 tomato types that I can't remember

The garlic and onion are supposed to help keep certain bugs away. We also planted some merigolds to hopefully help with that as well.
    I'm sure we'll still have to spray them with something. We live in between a lot of small lakes/ponds so we get LOTS of bugs in the area.
    I'll get some photos of my 2 little gardens tomorrow Nothing to see yet, but it will be fun to watch everything sprout and grow

As I said above, diet has been bleh this weekend, but new week ahead and time to get back on this!
    DD born August 2012
    TTC #2

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast