Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lisa's Long boring journey page 2

LisaLS is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I had my cup of coffee and it was delicious! Used heavy whipping cream and it makes it so much richer and smooth.
    I do use some sugar though. I KNOW... don't roll your eyes too much lol.
    It's adding on 10 more carbs and with that I'm still around 30 carbs today so I'm still good

I drink decaff coffee so it's not like this is a MUST HAVE IT every day for the caff thing so yeah. Just a treat since I could afford to drink those 10g of carbs. At least I hope so.
    We'll see how the scale agrees later.

Alrighty, back to stalking journals
    DD born August 2012
    TTC #2
    SW: 1/20/14- 212.4
    CW: 2/21/14- 202.6 (9.8 loss)
    Goal: Short term, get below 200 and get pregnant. Long term, get to 120-130
    Mini goal, get in to a size 12.

My boring uneventful journal for your viewing pleasure

Traveller is offline Senior Member
    Heavy whipping cream...hmm. I should try that! Every so often I have a spoonful of butter in my tea, and it makes it smoother and...well, buttery!

Hey! Cream and butter!! That would be the ultimate treat!

I've never heard of anyone putting butter in their tea I'm sure that would add a pretty interesting flavor though. I bet heavy cream and butter combo would be good! Tell me how it goes if you try it!
    ____

So... today was pretty good. Well, as far as eating goes. My energy level for exercising has been pfffffft. I'll get to that.

So today I had some sausage links, turkey wings (3), and dinner was baked split chicken breast w/ a salad.
    Total carbs is somewhere in the 20's.

Man, those turkey wings are DELICIOUS! They take some planning but they're so worth it!
    I bake them at 350, pour olive oil all over them. Salt, pepper, onion powder.
    And bake one side for an hour, flip, and bake for another hour. Sometimes it takes a little longer to crisp them up just right. I did it for 2.5hours today. YUM. And NO baking for so long does not dry them out. The wings have enough fat in the skin to prevent most of the meat from drying out. Some of it can but I like that b/c it gets all jerkified and tasty! Awesome!
    Too bad chicken doesn't work the same way!

As for the lack of exercise. Our daughter has been getting up around 3-4 and refuses to go back to sleep. When she does eventually get back to sleep... I'm wide awake and it usually takes me over an hour to fall asleep.
    It leaves me feeling SOOO drained during the day.
    Oh the joys of having a baby... and to think... I want another one.. and SOON! So that would be a baby and a toddler by the time it arrived. YIKES!
    I can say I'm ready for it all I want, but pffft, who am I kidding. Still though... I can't wait for those sleepless nights. Yes, it will be miserable, but it will be worth it.
    DD born August 2012
    TTC #2

Where are people finding the money to spend on all of this grassfed meat??
    We go to a health food grocery store weekly to fill up our water bottles, and looking at the price of this stuff (hell most of it isn't even grassfed, just 'organic') and it's expensive as shit!
    And looking at the bacon, or sausages... it's like 8 dollars for a pack of 4! What??
    How the hell are people affording this stuff??

Just blows my mind when I read what some people here eat on a daily basis.
    We already spend about 100 weekly on groceries... and that's a CHEAP week.
    Guess we all just gotta do what we can.

I have been trying to convince my husband to go in on a grassfed cow with his friends.
    2 of his friends are big in to the whole organic eating thing and I think they would be willing if he would just frickin remember to ask them! But he uses the excuse of "We don't have enough room in our freezer." Well if we ever did it, we could always buy a freezer. They're not that expensive and we have a garage or even room in our kitchen to put it in. Excuses excuses...

Just wanted to blab a bit while I try to get the little one down for a nap. Girl is fighting it tooth and nail even though it's obvious that she is tired. I'll never understand why babies fight sleep. Sleep is AWESOME!

OH! If they're open this weekend, we may be going strawberry picking! I can't wait! Fresh strawberries are so amazing. They put store bought ones to shame! Store bought ones have 0 flavor. Too bad our LO can't have strawberries yet. She would love them!

Hubs can't wait for blueberry season which is late summer here for the farm. That place is amazing. Bad harvest last year, but we managed to go once while I was heavily pregnant. So yummy!
    DD born August 2012
    TTC #2

Man.... browsed sparkpeople message board. Saw a post where someone lost 50lbs!
    AWESOME! So I click the thread and see that this person lost it by basically starving themselves.
    bran cereal in the morning, 1 piece of toast w/ low fat turkey slices for lunch, and chicken or fish w/ veggies for dinner.
    Hell, even reading that makes my stomach grumble for MORE FOOD.

Saw another thread for something called "Carb lovers diet" wha????
    I guess whatever works for people. Hopefully they'll keep whatever weight they may lose off.
    DD born August 2012
    TTC #2

Ah, such a nice start to this morning.
    Daughter slept in a little later than usual and boy, that made a world of difference to energy level getting up.

We headed out after getting ready and went strawberry pickin!

Modern foraging hehe
    I would've been the one hauling her around, but I have a bad back. By the time we were done, so did the husband lol.

And our 2 gallons of strawberries. YUM!

The season is only just starting so should be even better in a month. We're def going back at least one more time.
    DD born August 2012
    TTC #2

Oh a couple more photos of our eggs!
    We could probably fill up that entire top shelf with eggs if we let DH's parents give us eggs every week. Their chickens should be laying really well since it's warmed up.

And what some of them look like.
    I know before they got their egg laying chickens, I had NO idea that some chickens could lay green eggs or even blue ones.
    DD born August 2012
    TTC #2

Getting together with family is such a diet killer LOL.
    No they don't force feed the bad stuff, but just hanging out with them, I tend to forget that I'm even dieting and just eat whatever.
    SIGH!
    I've got some serious making up for the way I've eaten this weekend.
    Hopefully my weekly weigh-in on Wed won't be too bad.
    I'll have to be extra good on my carbs this week.
    UGH we still have a wedding to go to on Saturday though.
    Meh, I'm not even going to worry about it.
    These extra cheats are going to slow down weight loss, but weight loss is still going to happen no matter what.
    I AM going to lose this weight, and I AM going to get healthier and get pregnant again.
    No point in regretting decisions I've made. Just go forward and live my life the best I can.

Today was fun... nonstop, but fun.
    Got to dress up which happens once a year lol. And got to see my baby in an UBER girly frilly poofy dress. She was so cute
    It was a good day
    DD born August 2012
    TTC #2

So back on the primal train today.
    Just tried a can of sardines, and..... Not bad. I did put some hot sauce on them but still not bad.
    Now I don't mind the bones or scales, but seeing the tail fin still attached was a bit offputting.
    I have fish tanks and love my pet fish, so being reminded that I was eating some threw me off a bit lol.
    I love my meat and know where it comes from but I don't like being reminded of it.
    Like pigs feet.... seeing the hoof is ok, but if there is still hair on it, I can't stomach it.
    Or poultry. If there is still feathers attached, bleh!!
    DD born August 2012
    TTC #2

Alrighty, I ate another can of sardines and a can of smoked oysters. This was supposed to last me the entire week dangit lol.
    I only have 1 can of sardines left. Oh well...
    Quick and easy meal or snack.

Lets see, so I had that, pork rinds, chicken breast & salad.
    Had avocado again today. OMG I love avocados!!!! I would eat 10 a day if they weren't so high in carbs. They're not terrible or anything but still a little too high for me to eat more than one a day.
    I enjoyed the hell out of my one today though. DELICIOUS! Love it when they're just ripe and still firm.
    DD born August 2012
    TTC #2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast