Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Feedback.... page

MalPaz is offline Senior Member

Feedback....

Primal Fuel
    Okie Dokie Folks... I am not trying to lose weight, but i tend to lose weight when i "up my carbs" regardless of how i keep my fat/protein and i seem to be full 24/7 if i get to many carbs...

can someone "critique" a daily eats for me... remember im going for fertility here so any vitamins/minerals it seems i am low on please speak up!

morning- coffee/cream... sometimes i drink the cream outta the carton...

lunch- a whole avocado sliced with olive oil/sea salt, scrambled egg quiche with eggs/ground pork/spices
    OR
    ground beef and steak-um(frozen in a box lol) salad with avocado
    OR
    leftover chuck roast/veggie mix from dinners

this is easiest for my job and i only eat b/c i need to keep weight on me, i am not hungry when i eat lunch...

dinner- 4 times a week a side of liver(beef/chicken) and some sauerkraut is included with something close to the following:

crock pot chunk of meat (5lbs usually lasts me about 3 days of dinners), sauteed mushrooms/garlic in butter, scrambled eggs in butter, salad with olive oil/sauerkraut juice/mustard
    OR
    beef or pork steak at least a pound excluding any bone(chuck or a cheaper fat cut) and a zucchini/butter or brocc/butter, kale/butter or ___(fill in with random veggie)/butter, scrambled eggs
    OR
    dark chicken cooked in butter/cream reduction with some veggies & spices, scrambled eggs

post dinner- prolly close to 2 cups of keffir or strained goat yogurt....i add random things to it- salsa, avocado, cinnamon, garlic/onion spice and if i cant stomach that(im already full from dinner) then i eat some cold congealed chuck roast(this is good btw try it haha, hard solid white fat)

some days i just eat crockpot meat all day... vegetables are ridicuously expensive and truthly i dont much like them nor is much in season at the moment. my favorite is chuck roast(affordably but it aint no rib eye), i eat at least an avocado a day, and use close to 3/4 a stick of butter, about 2 cups of veggies prolly more b/c i munch on raw veggies while i cook dinner, and about 4-6 eggs give or take

ok... Lemme have it!! i dont measure anything so dont ask the ounces... lunch is at least 10-12oz and dinner is at least 16-18 oz

Meggilizz is offline Senior Member
    More bacon?
    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

animalcule is offline Senior Member
    When you add carbs, what do you add?

I am very underweight (it seems to be healthy and natural for me), and while I've never missed a period thank goodness, I am also concerned with my fertility. For this reason I am now abiding by the Primal Blueprint carbohydrate curve recommendations for maintenance, even though I didn't lost any weight eating 50g carbs daily. Now I try not to fall under 100 grams of carbs per day, although I pretty much never go over 150. I never gained an ounce eating high carb, but I felt terrible and had all sorts of inflammation. I also don't feel my best eating VLC. Grains make me feel like hell, as do too many fruits, but starchy and sweet tubers and root vegetables in reasonable portions give me no problems at all.

I think VLC is a bad idea for women who are very thin or suffering from ammenorrhea. In fact VLC seems to cause ammenorrhea in many women eating paleo-style. Insulin, leptin, and carbohydrates have a close relationship that doesn't seem to be fully understood... I think naturally lead hardgainers like me have leptin issues just as those who tend to be overfat do, and of course there is a lot of research on the relationship of leptin and anorexia.

So my suggestion is to eat a lot more carbohydrate, from primal sources of course. At this point in your recovery I think weight and fat gain from carb-loading beyond 150g per day would be highly beneficial for your body and your reproductive function. I don't know if you agree!

theres no bacon there lol i dont have access to good bacon

Meggilizz is offline Senior Member
    How sad for you!!!! I'm sorry that I don't have any other advice.
    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

mstrudle is offline Member
    You don't seem to have much vegetable variety. Instead of just avocados, mushrooms, and salad greens, add in some tomatos, bell peppers, broccoli, asparagus, kale, carrots, beets, et cetera. Mark advises us all to get the whole spectrum of colors when it comes to veggies; you can get red from tomatoes, orange and yellow from the peppers, green from the kale, blue and purple from the beets. And get some onions and garlic in there, the best plants in the vegetable kingdom to consume. Each different pigment is a different beneficial phytochemical and indicates different vitamins and minerals. Variety is both delicious and nutritious.

I don't know what your food budget is, but the best vegetables to eat are the cheapest. At my local Safeway, broccoli is $1.80 a pound, onions $1.80, garlic is similar, carrots are a cool $1 a pound. I can get greens for about $2 a bunch, which is reasonable. Also check out your local farmers market is you have one.

Since you're going for fertility, I would also suggest to eat your liver raw. I eat several ounces raw every day with meals for the vitamins, which are quite delicate and destroyed by heating. Cutting up liver into pill-sized pieces and swallowing them whole with water reduces the "ick" factor, and I hate the taste of liver. Start making some delicious bone broth too; just save whatever bones are left over from yourmeals until you have enough, throw them in a pot with some water, veggies, and sea salt, and heat. Delicious, and a large amount of inorganic salts, such as calcium, liberated from the bones. Fermented foods are also a great option, and I see you already eat sauerkraut so that is good. Think about pickles, and beet kvass, which is lactofermented beet juice. I eat/drink both daily, along with soured Russian cabbage.

Don't strain your yogurt, as the whey is a very healthful food. In addition to being a very bioavailable source of protein, it also improves insulin sensitivity (at least in diabetics, according to some studies). You wouldn't eat an egg without the yolk, why eat yogurt without the whey?

That's about all I can think of. I really like Nourished Kitchen for good, mostly paleo/primal eating ideas http://nourishedkitchen.com/

i dont like many vegetables so i am not going to eat things i dont like (asparagus, carrots and i despise peppers)- more veggies=more money and i get more bang for my buck with meat. ill try to look for color

i dont like yogurt consistency, which is why i strain it and use it more like cream cheese

raw liver???? yikes, these livers i eat are conventional store bought liver... i dont think i can do it raw, how bout outside cooked inside raw???

pickles sound good- are all brands the same?

mstrudle is offline Member
    I buy pickles from a Russian deli, so no brand.

im very distressed haha....have i really gotten no benefit from all the frikin liver i have been eating because i COOK IT?!?!?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by mstrudle View Post
    I buy pickles from a Russian deli, so no brand.
    hah...welcom to mississippi...we dont even have a asian market...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast