Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: Question for fat loss stall! page 2

  1. #11
    otzi's Avatar
    otzi Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by premier89 View Post
    Is 70% of my calories coming from fat too much?
    Only if the other 30% is elbow macaroni.

    Seriously, though, you can meet your goals on many macro ratios, only you will be able to decide whether 70% fat is too much. If you are losing weight and staying active, keep on with it. If you are stalling and hungry, switch it up. I think 70% is a poor starting point, personally, for you. You will probably find going from 18% to 12% bodyfat much easier with 40% fat, 30% protein and 30% carbs, or even lower fat than that. High fat is really good for heavier people to lose an initial bunch of weight, but for already lean people, lower fat seems to be the best to get leaner.

  2. #12
    premier89's Avatar
    premier89 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Ambler
    Posts
    45
    Yea but it's possible to keep my macro's the same and get really lean right? As long as i eat primal foods and lift. I used to eat high protein, moderate carbs and fat and i was hungry and ended up binge eating

  3. #13
    otzi's Avatar
    otzi Guest
    You gotta do what's right for you. Everyone's different. You have many years to get it right, and you aren't even 'broken' like so many who are posting here.

    Younger guys have a few more advantages in leaning out and getting strong--namely testosterone and human growth hormone. Once those start to decline, losing weight and gaining muscle are a lot harder. At 24, the world should be yours in terms of the body you want. Try 3 months at higher fat, what have you to lose? If I could turn the clock back 20 years, I'd be guzzling whole milk and pounding the weights.

  4. #14
    nburgraff's Avatar
    nburgraff is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Suamico, Wisconsin
    Posts
    95
    70% of calories coming from fat isn't a bad thing. It will deffnintely put you in major fat burning mode. As long as you feel ok and have enough energy with this macro composition, then there is no need to change it. Lots of people do just fine on 60-70% fat.

  5. #15
    otzi's Avatar
    otzi Guest
    Premier89 - Have you read any of ChocoTaco's posts? he's about your size and weight--you should do a history search on his user name and spend the next 3 weeks reading his thoughts on leaning and eating when you have time. It's nice to compare results/ideas of someone of similar stats.

  6. #16
    otzi's Avatar
    otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by nburgraff View Post
    70% of calories coming from fat isn't a bad thing. It will deffnintely put you in major fat burning mode. As long as you feel ok and have enough energy with this macro composition, then there is no need to change it. Lots of people do just fine on 60-70% fat.
    My only critique of such high fat for a young, healthy guy is that 70% of his diet will be nutrient-poor. There are hardly any nutrients in fat. So, the remaining 30% of his daily food would have to contain 90% of his nutrition--that's hard to pull off.

  7. #17
    premier89's Avatar
    premier89 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Ambler
    Posts
    45
    No i haven't, i'll look him up. Thanks

  8. #18
    premier89's Avatar
    premier89 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Ambler
    Posts
    45
    What would you recommend i eat for missing nutrients that fit my macros?

  9. #19
    otzi's Avatar
    otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by premier89 View Post
    What would you recommend i eat for missing nutrients that fit my macros?
    Get a free account at FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal and plug in what you are eating, then tab down to the nutrient graph and see how it stacks up. Easy. I like to put together daily menus that hit almost every tracked nutrient and look for things I'm missing, like selenium, B Vits, calcium etc... Liver, cheese, nuts and seafood fill a lot of gaps in a diet.

  10. #20
    Heth's Avatar
    Heth is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    97
    I'm not a guy, but I think otzi is onto something. 6 Tbsp of oil every day is a lot. While I don't think you are overeating calories at all, so much refined food is contributing a lot of almost empty calories. If you swapped some oil for more nutrient-dense foods like more eggs, fish, avocado, meat, cottage cheese etc and even potatoes perhaps you would be getting more nutrients for your calories.
    Primal since May 2012. Loving life and down 50lbs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •