Thread: Kidney stones page

palebluedots is offline Senior Member

Kidney stones

Shop Now
    So, love eating primal, love how I feel, love the weight loss, etc, etc. But I am now on my third kidney stone eating this way, and the doctor has told me that I absolutely must cut way down on the amount of animal protein I consume (too many purines). Along with more water and watching out for high oxalate foods. This last kidney stone episode was the worst I've experienced by far, and I ended up having to get a lithotripsy treatment to break it up. Not fun.

Just wondering, what is Mark's response to the idea that too much animal protein can be a major contributing factor to kidney stones?

springnr is offline Senior Member

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    I got a lot of kidney stones after starting Primal. In my case, I started taking lots of vitamin D without really looking into it enough. Duh! I now take D only when I'm not getting enough sun, or when I have been exposed to a cold virus. And I always take Vitamin K2 with it. And even when I'm not taking D.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.