Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone eat ground beef on a regular basis?? page

Phillykid is offline Senior Member

Anyone eat ground beef on a regular basis??

Primal Fuel
    I added grass fed ground beef into my diet in replacement of chicken thighs. Chicken got so boring to eat and plus I thought it'd be better if I ate more grass fed. I understand ground beef are the less desirable cuts, but it's the best grass fed beef I can afford and I want to start eating more grass fed. But I saw a two posts where mark says avoid ground beef, but doesn't state in general or conventional ground beef. Anyone eat grass fed ground beef on a regular basis?

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Yep. Kids like mince more than steak, so we eat mince pretty much every week.

It's very versatile, since you can use it in curries, meatloaf, stir fries and... sometimes we slow cook mince too, not that it needs it.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

bdlee73 is offline Member
    I have it at least a few times a week - grass fed only. I'm comfortable with ground beef if its grass fed or I grind my own. Grass fed is less prone to e coli vs CAFO beef not to mention the better nutritional profile.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Almost every day, lol.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Phillykid is offline Senior Member
    Ok thanks. I ate ground beef this whole week and i like how i can do different things with it. Chicken got so boring!

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    I think the idea about avoiding ground beef is that it comes from hunscrillions of beef animals all mixed together, so it's far more prone to contamination. I usually buy ground beef that comes from a single animal, grass-fed, locally raised. Usually one that I've seen across a fence and waved to on a couple of occasions. They don't wave back, but it mitigates the risks I think you're worried about.

And it's both tastier and has a better nutritional profile than the chicken. You're making a good change. WTG.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    We eat ground beef and venison. And it all comes from a single cow, or the deer we hunt ourselves. (by "we" I mean hubby ) My kids prefer hamburger-based meals over any other cut of beef. I could make burgers, tacos, spagetti and 'garbage stir fry' every week and everyone would be happy.

Eat the best you can afford, and keep in mind the 'worst' primal eating is still better than the best SAD diet. (if there were such a thing).
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillykid View Post
    I added grass fed ground beef into my diet in replacement of chicken thighs. Chicken got so boring to eat and plus I thought it'd be better if I ate more grass fed. I understand ground beef are the less desirable cuts, but it's the best grass fed beef I can afford and I want to start eating more grass fed. But I saw a two posts where mark says avoid ground beef, but doesn't state in general or conventional ground beef. Anyone eat grass fed ground beef on a regular basis?
    Where does Mark say that? I remember Mark saying don't eat raw or rare ground beef. Be sure it's fully cooked. We eat it as often as we can get it.

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Eating Australian grass-fed ground beef post-workout.

It's easy to control the portion size, smash some herbs/salt in there, sear it on the outside in grass-fed butter, then cook it till just a little pink on the inside. Tastiness.

Plus Arnold used to chow-down on hamburger patties back in the day, so it must work.

PrimalStudent is offline Senior Member
    Grassfed ground beef is honestly one of my favorite foods. I have it once or twice per week, usually with peppers and onions... amazing. If I could afford it, I'd have it every night.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast