Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you eat butter? page 4

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    After you cut the core out of the apple it's not a "whole food" either.

What's "insane" is to imagine that everybody who eats butter is fat. That's nonsense, pure wishful thinking on your part. I'm thinner than I've been in 30 years and still losing weight. And I eat fat.
    Really? This forum needs one of those emoticons with the smiley face banging its head on the keyboard or against a brick wall. Isn't one of the ten Primal Principles to "not eat toxins"? Apple seeds are poisonous.

Frame it any way you want it, butter is empty calories versus real, whole food. If you think eating straight butter is fine for fat loss, then eating straight from the honey jar or drinking a glass of maple syrup is also fine, correct?
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    If you think eating straight butter is fine for fat loss, then eating straight from the honey jar or drinking a glass of maple syrup is also fine, correct?
    Personally, I'd find either of those experiences horribly unsatiating and sickeningly sweet. A little bit of butter makes me feel sated and nourished. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    You can't pick a steak off a tree. Gotta get it at the grocery store. You can't pick cheese off a tree. Gotta get it at the grocery store. You can't pick eggs off a tree, much less scrambled eggs or an omelet. Churned cream is called butter. Butter is food. Real, whole food. How much CLA is there in maple syrup again? How much K2 in honey?
    I can't take it anymore. This is why this isn't a mainstream movement and probably never will be. There is no logic.

Does something have to have K2 in it to be real food? How much magnesium is in butter? How much vitamin C is in butter? There is more than one nutrient. There is virtually no no Vitamin K2 in eggs. I guess they aren't real food, but rendered fat is.

This is a fad diet and always will be because there is too many zealots. Somehow, the simple message of "eat real food" has been perverted and people that sit at a desk all day are drinking sticks of butter simply because it is a "fat" while sneering at the poor lady that put 2 teaspoons of sugar in her coffee simply because it is "sugar."
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    I can't take it anymore. This is why this isn't a mainstream movement and probably never will be. There is no logic.

Does something have to have K2 in it to be real food? How much magnesium is in butter? How much vitamin C is in butter? There is more than one nutrient. There is virtually no no Vitamin K2 in eggs. I guess they aren't real food, but rendered fat is.

This is a fad diet and always will be because there is too many zealots. Somehow, the simple message of "eat real food" has been perverted and people that sit at a desk all day are drinking sticks of butter simply because it is a "fat" while sneering at the poor lady that put 2 teaspoons of sugar in her coffee simply because it is "sugar."
    I was clearly addressing the 2 separate (and sometimes conflicting) arguments you keep making about butter. 1: that butter isn't a real, whole food (it clearly is), and 2: That it's nutritionally void (it isn't).

I have a lot of respect for someone who can admit when he's wrong, and a lot of disdain for someone who clings to an argument despite logic and tries to deflect the conversation away from the points he's clearly been incorrect about. You've been the former guy in the past. You're being the latter now.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Since you ask. The video outlining nutrient density by Mathieu Lalonde, Phd scores butter as more nutritionally dense than any of the following:

apples, blueberries, cranberries, lettuce, cucumbers, onions, rice, beets, .... ect. Lots more, but you get the point. And this is standard grocery store garbage butter! Just think if it was the good stuff

Mathieu Lalonde, PhD

Now this is based on 100g sample so it is obviously also more caloric dense too. But by all means is a very nutritious item.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Really? This forum needs one of those emoticons with the smiley face banging its head on the keyboard or against a brick wall. Isn't one of the ten Primal Principles to "not eat toxins"? Apple seeds are poisonous.

Frame it any way you want it, butter is empty calories versus real, whole food. If you think eating straight butter is fine for fat loss, then eating straight from the honey jar or drinking a glass of maple syrup is also fine, correct?
    Apple seeds are only "poisonous" if you save up a couple of cups and eat them all at once. Otherwise, not at all. That's just a big fail.

Frame it anyway you want, butter is food. If you think I should stop eating butter, you are trying to deliberately sabotage my weight loss and make me gain weight. It would no doubt make you feel better, but you have zero credibility.

This is why this isn't a mainstream movement and probably never will be. There is no logic.
    Because "logic" is all about embracing conventional wisdom and avoiding butter like the devil. How's that working out for America?

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Butter is calorie dense, and fat dense, but "nutrious dense"? Even if it also have some micro nutrients I woulden't eat it for that reason...

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    A young man who has done a complete 180 in less than a year that I've been reading this board is talking logic. That's almost as rich as butter.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    I was clearly addressing the 2 separate (and sometimes conflicting) arguments you keep making about butter. 1: that butter isn't a real, whole food (it clearly is), and 2: That it's nutritionally void (it isn't).

I have a lot of respect for someone who can admit when he's wrong, and a lot of disdain for someone who clings to an argument despite logic and tries to deflect the conversation away from the points he's clearly been incorrect about. You've been the former guy in the past. You're being the latter now.
    That's not true. Your argument is not in context.

Is butter unhealthy? No. It's one of the healthiest fats on planet Earth, and my goto fat of choice for cooking (well, technically ghee, but same composition).

Butter is also one of the most nutrient-dense fats on planet Earth as well. Compare it to coconut oil, lard, tallow...they are healthy fats as well, and butter beats them.

But compare butter to actual food - meat, eggs, fruit, tubers, vegetables - and it is comparatively empty calories. Eating it like food is irresponsible when losing weight because it has a very high calorie:nutrient ratio. Butter is not a whole food, it is a rendered fat, and just because butter is a very nutritious fat, it is not nutritious compared to actual food. Compared to a steak, an apple or a leaf of lettuce, it doesn't come anywhere close to nutritious.

You're taking the extremist approach. I understand the thrill of this lifestyle - you get to brag to people terrified of fat, particularly saturated fat, and tell them how much butter you consume. That's exciting because it's so counter-culture, and it makes us feel superior for "knowing" what they don't know. But there is a fine line between cooking your meat and vegetables in a tablespoon of butter and eating it by the slice or blending sticks in your coffee. Why do we always have to take the extreme approach around here? Let's be reasonable.

Simply saying butter is good because it has Vitamin K2 in it is like the Idiocracy line of "Brawndo's got electrolytes!" Everyone says it but no one knows what it means.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You will never convince me that my freshly made butter is nutritionally void. The grocery store is not the only place from which it comes. I think the garbage butter in the store is nutritionally void. It is derived from cows which are stuffed full of GMO grains. Yuck, man.

My cow? She's happily grass fed. Obviously not everyone has their own cow. Maybe my perspective is moot here.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast